Stalling after Boost and back to Idle ???

BMF_Racing

ONE B.M.F.
Ok, the car will stall after a burnout or spooling up on the t-brake and letting out of the throttle. I was thinking it may be the MAP sensor (MAF has been removed when MAFT Pro was installed) or the O2 sensor in the up-pipe. It could be the 2.5 bar MAP sensor, which worked fine, until we went over 20psi :( (24 psi to be exact, that was about the time the stalling started). I have a 3 bar that I'll be swapping out tonight.

The other possiblity would maybe be the O2 sensor, because we've been using alot of 112 octane latey and it could be bad.:(

Would either one of these being bad cause the car not to go back to idle after a hard load? :confused: The car does idle ok under normal situation, oly stalls after it has a load on it and seems to be worst when the engine is warmer ansd up to temp.

try doing the burnout with the alky off.

Generally, the car should not stall after a burnout, but if you are spraying a lot of alky and dump the throttle, there may be enough alky in the piping to cause a rich stall.

Bob

try doing the burnout with the alky off.

Generally, the car should not stall after a burnout, but if you are spraying a lot of alky and dump the throttle, there may be enough alky in the piping to cause a rich stall.

Bob

Alky on this car is controlled by boost and WOT switch, so Alky does not spray in the burnout (never get over 1/2 throttle). I'll un-plug the fuse tonight, spool it up on the brake to test, just to make sure.

Also the car will occationally stall right after start-up, again this is more frequent after the engine warms up for some reason. :(

While at the NATS... I was talking to Eric Marshall about different things.... one of which was installing the MAF in the up-pipe. He said that when the MAF is mounted in the stock location... funny things happen to the fueling when letting off the throttle quickly..... in his case where he experimented with it.... moving the MAF to the pressurized up-pipe eliminated this all together....

HTH

BMF is running without a MAF, as his Translator Pro is set up for Speed Density.

There may be some tuning required, if you can post a log it would help.

Bob

BMF is running without a MAF, as his Translator Pro is set up for Speed Density.

There may be some tuning required, if you can post a log it would help.

Bob

Sorry, I don't have a power logger yet, :( budget ran out due to the Nats.

can you log the Pro, using tunerpro?

Bob

Duh,

I will try to get that all hooked up again (did have this all hooked up when MAFT Pro was first installed) and the logging worked then, just need to get the laptop and all hooked up and try to remember how to do. :rolleyes:

I wish I could have captured you at BG for an Hr or two. ;) , but I couldn't find you. owell I'll post it up when I can get the log. (assuming the MAP is not bad tonight)

What should I log? Idle then spool and stall ?

Thanks.