Stall/ Spool-up help from Expert please

Thinking about the slow stall you have until 4K. This may have been checked but I will ask anyway. Did you check the WG puck alignment again the exhaust side of the turbo?
I had to send my first 51 turbo back due to the WG puck alighnment problems. Easy check before you start sending convertors back and fourth again.

I think you and Jim, could be right...I am thinking of the noise he is hearing...an easy check compared to playing with converters.

The puck flange on the THDP has always seemed a little "sticky" but have not had this problem in past. I checked it a it has a good seal(no exhaust blowby on the flange or around the puck).

As soon as the car starts to see a few pounds of boost I can here a slight whistle, like a loose hose. I have checked and rechecked the hoses and clamps and found no problems. My next source for a possible leak is the plenum/ intake area.

The car still will only foot stall at 2100rpms...would that be effeced by leak???

It could, if a leak is preventing it from building boost..but the converter still should come up more than that, I would think.

Make sure the puck is closing all the way and has a carbon ring all the way around it.

With that turbo, the stall is going to have to come way up before it is going to make boost...seems to me that the converter has to be loose enuf to get into the spool up range of the turbo....even if the waste gate is leaking, logic to me, says the converter still has to let the rpm come up a lot more than it is currently doing.

I agree...the converter seems way too tight.

Mike @ YANK says the combo in the converter in a stock TR will stall 3000...he said that my engine is a turd.

I donn't know what to think...if it's a turd its a 486rwhp turd.

the 218/212 cam with the pt68 I expect to spool a little slow, but the combo should come alive with a 34-3500 stall says Harry