Stall for TA-60?

Rodney87GN

Ok, looking to get a new tranny and might as well upgrade the torque converter. I have a TA-60 with a 12" 2900 stall in it (unknown brand according to the previous owner...maybe a restalled stocker?).

I was thinking of a 10" 3000 or 3200 stall, lock up is a must! I'm leaning towards the 3200 because I might be going with a bigger turbo later and would rather not have to restall it. In the mean time would 3200 be too much on the street for a TA-60?

Rest of the big mods are VPE ported irons, 206/206 roller cam, PTE front mount, Razor's alky...

Thanks for any opinions/advice!

You should not need anything more than an Orange stripe, 3000 rpm, 12" converter with that Turbo. If you are having spooling issues try an RJC Boost controler.

I would go with a 10" L/U converter. 3000 is suggested, but I won't argue with 3200 if you have plans for a little more turbo later.

Hope this helps you.

There are many variables. How much do you drive this on the street, traction and other things. Buy as much stall that you will eventually need....they are expensive. I say buy once.

I have a GT-61 hybrid with an Art Carr 9" that I can foot brake stall and hold it at 3600. I don't know what it flashes to yet. As long as you have a lock up you will be ok on the highway.