Stainless Steel Gas Tank

Hot Air

E85 and S.E./Carolinas Moderator
Staff member
Like the title says, a sumped SS fuel (E85 anyone) tank that will bolt in for less than $500.
Conrad

Really tough for it to be American made at that price.
The only person associated with GN's that I know that could do this is Turbofabricator. He might be able to do it for less than $900 sumped etc, but I doubt for $500.

Ricks Hot Rod had a sale and it was $900 shipped with the baffled sump, stainless straps and sending unit.

Probe Turbofabricator, he might be the only one willing to get the program rolling for all the future E85 GN's.

I have sent Turbofabricator an e-mail inquiring about an E-85 SS Sumped tank. I will let everyone know what he tells me.
Conrad

Which "Chevy" one are you looking at? They are all "Chevy".
Conrad

rock valley auto parts makes SS tanks for alot of cars. Both carbed cars and efi. Might try them. I have on in my 67 chevelle. fits perfect $750

Aren't all the plastic fuel tanks molded? Seems to me that it would work only IF we can find one that will bolt in without modification. Anyone know of one that will fit?

Can a tank be fabricated from plastic? It would be cool if we could make our own tank. It would be light weight and would not rust! Anyone know how to fab a plastic tank?

Conrad

I have a friend who is an industrial stainless fabricator and I asked him about making a stainless one for my car and he didn't think it would be a problem. WHat we discussed wasn't an exact stock replacement but one that would fit in the stock location and the filler would be in the stock location. I was planning to make more shallow than stock so that the sump would not hang down below the bumper and be visisble from the back. I am looking for one that is at least ~10 gallons. I will let you you guys know how much I have in it when I am done.

Sounds very interesting. 10 gallons would work for me. Keep us posted!
Conrad