Stage ll Intake Casting 25500029

blackgn1

Set on TSM Boost
The Buick Motorsport Intake Casting 25500029. Is it a off center of a on center. I think the Edlebrock intake was on center and the Buick Motorsport was off center. Just need to confirm.

My recollection is that all the Buick Motorsports 4BBL intakes had the same casting #. This excludes the goofy one with the carb twisted 45 degrees. The only way to be sure what you have is to mock it up. From what I've seen the Buick Motorsport intakes with the short carb flange were Off Center and the tall carb flange were On center. I wouldn't say this is set in stone though.

Neal

I need it to fit a off center stage block. Where should I look for issues? Fitting the block to intake mounting surface?

Put the heads on the block and set the intake on top. See how the ports and bolt holes line up. If it's the wrong one for your combo it will be pretty apparent.

Neal

Only solution is to cut the intake in 1/2 and re weld it but it could be ugly. I have an spare offcenter intake but one side is milled .100 not sure howd you fix that one either.

The last one I bought was from Odell and I don't remember how long ago that was. It was used, I don't think you'll find a new one.

Neal

Thanks guys. This build is going to be impossible. Can't find any new stage heads either. I missed the good years when these parts were available.

Call DLS. When I was looking for new heads and intakes a few months back, Dan had both. Summit also has stock on both, but they are expensive.

Stage II heads are everywhere. Why do you want new ones? All that is going to do is cost you a bunch more money to have them ported etc. I know one guy with 9 sets. Shoot me a PM or whatever they call it these days and I'll put you in contact with him.

Neal

I agree lots of heads around, but no headers that will be impossible to find, unless MeanMike makes you a set.

norbs, there are few shops around that will make you a set of headers and fit them on your car, THE FAB SHOP,
here in indiana, they have a web site, i know a couple more, just get your pocket book out, its only money,
good luck oc,,,

I'm OK for headers, but thanks OC. Here is a pic of an OFF CENTER intake notice the long ribs on the front and back extending down from carb flange.

Attachments

• offintake.jpg
    offintake.jpg
    918.8 KB · Views: 149
I agree lots of heads around, but no headers that will be impossible to find, unless MeanMike makes you a set.

Thats me, my username was changed. Its very unlikely I'll be making any more headers in the near future. I'm cutting back on side jobs and concentrating on my car to get it ready for next year.

I have two oncenter and one offcenter, one oncenter has been converted ,
the offcenter is on the engine in my car now, my onffcenter was on a N/A engine when i bought the complete engine. it had a big holley domniator carb.on it other wise it has had a lot welding on it
it looks good and has .050 smaller ports than some stage heads,
i tried to sell the oncenter intake it was on a ruggles engine that i picked up,
anyway i still have it for sale, good luck oc,,

I have an off-center with 2550029 on it for sale. Has been converted to injection, gasket matched, and a flanged welded on to use a hemco upper plenum.
Comes with a coil pack mount custom made for this intake. The intake has been powder coated and looks very nice. The intake in the link and almost identical to my except that the injector bungs on mine are higher on the intake as opposed to being more towards the head. http://gnttype.org/techarea/pictureguides/intakes/customstgII.html

Attachments

• IMG_0378.JPG
    IMG_0378.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 124
  • IMG_0381.JPG
    IMG_0381.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 136