Stage II

doesn't the fast have correction?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Yeah Jane's Limited is pretty badass when you consider that it has the stock ECM, factory iron heads, and a MJ 17 row "stretch" stock location IC.... talk about getting the most out of your combo!!!:eek: BTW, last time I heard the fastest the stock ECM has been is mid 9's with one of Steve Yanklin's MaxEffort chips, but does anybody know for sure who is the fastest with the stock ECM and what chip/MAF they were using???

Originally posted by 86brick
Yeah Jane's Limited is pretty badass when you consider that it has the stock ECM, factory iron heads, and a MJ 17 row "stretch" stock location IC.... talk about getting the most out of your combo!!!:eek: BTW, last time I heard the fastest the stock ECM has been is mid 9's with one of Steve Yanklin's MaxEffort chips, but does anybody know for sure who is the fastest with the stock ECM and what chip/MAF they were using???

I know the car, it made the finals in the quick 16 in Norwalk in 2001. It has been running for 3 years in that state of tune.

Ted, does the car have the MaxEffort chip and is this being done with one of the 3.5" LS1 MAFs or is it MAFless? Regardless of what chip it has and whether it has a MAF or not, that is damn impressive to be running mid 9's with the stock ECM!!!:cool:

Originally posted by 86brick
Ted, does the car have the MaxEffort chip and is this being done with one of the 3.5" LS1 MAFs or is it MAFless? Regardless of what chip it has and whether it has a MAF or not, that is damn impressive to be running mid 9's with the stock ECM!!!:cool:

He is running the Maxeffort and with the OEM MAF. The car is on Steves website.

I picked up on this thread a little late, looks pretty interesting. If I read correctly, seems there is a comparison of FP vs stock computor..... I am definitely a FP kinda guy, for many reasons I have read here, but, if I read correctly, L\U and AC can't be used with an FP? Not sure why, since we've been doing it on cars here for some time now. The AC is just a matter of hooking up one ground wire and the L\U is simply installing a BM L\U kit. So that isn't a problem or deterent for using an FP. As for a B2B unit vs Sequential, I've tuned mid 8 second cars with a B2b with no ill effects. I've run a B2b the last 2 years running 9.70's with no problem and good street driving manners. WOT doesn't much matter either way since fuel is pretty much just dumped at that point. Tuneability with a FP isn't even a comparison between the 2 as minor adjustments can be done simply and at any time with a FP. I've watched many guys with "stock computors" run a number 1 day, 1 time and blow up the next or not even be able to run close to their previous best. When my car runs bad, it runs better than most chip cars run at their best. Every chip car, from 11.50 and faster we've installed a FP on has gained at least 2\10ths out of the box and better street driving manners. I'm not trying to sell anyone here, just sharing my own experiences on a daily basis. One more thing, I've never had a customer that we installed a FP or FAST on ask to have a stock computor put back in. OK, so I lied.... one more thing, how much does it cost for a modified computor, trans plus, extender chip, scan tool and whatever else is necessary to go that way?

Now, I don't have a stage motor (awaiting TA's block to come out), but I have pretty much every concievable go fast part it seems. I drive my car on the street 99.9% of the time with the FAST B2B system, and must say there is NO driveability problems with the B2B system that I see. I have posted a bunch of times on the ECM section about the "lackings" in the FAST system. Especially the lack of a L/U function and a boost controller would be nice. Craig has replied and said there is a new version of the FAST system in development to provide some "user outputs" to control relays for things such as converter L/U or other things. And as for tuning? NOTHING I know of even comes close to the ease of the FAST system (not really comparing it to other DFI's). It even allows you to overlay your data logs onto your tuning tables to see just how much you need to change various numbers if needed. And the closed loop WOT function is just wonderful!!! I think it's probably saved me more times than I care to think about. As for cost? DAMN! If you're building a stage 2 motor or even doing like me a dumping a lot of money into a stock block, this is one of those investments that you shouldn't even think twice about IMO.

Oh, Jack, Nice to see you on again!! :) Yep, I'm still stuck here in Hawaii PROUDLY serving our country.

Derrick

Originally posted by tazgn

Oh, Jack, Nice to see you on again!! :) Yep, I'm still stuck here in Hawaii PROUDLY serving our country.

Derrick

Stuck? Stuck? Hey anytime you wanna change places, especially as winter approaches here in Eastern WA...just lemme know. :)

(This offer only open to those stationed in Hawaii)

Chris

Geez, I would kill to be in Spokane WA!!! It's BEAUTIFUL there especially that damn Trident Base. :) Hawaii's a great place to visit, but it gets old after a while. Perfect weather EVERY day is actually quite boring. ;)

Derrick