stage II block or 109

oliver12

I want to start building a motor for my street driven car. Something bullet proof. Not sure if i should go solid 109 or stage 2 block any suggestions would be great. Next question if i go stage 2 what would be the best way to go on center or off center ? Pros and cons. My motor runs fine just looking to start buying parts need advice on which direction to go.

Or if someone has a solid short block with forged internals for sale ill prob go that route.

Honest 400 to 500 hp. Nothing crazy mid 10 low 11second just a fast street car is what im looking for. Something reliable

There's a 4.1 liter in the parts for sale section that would be perfect for you. Or stick with a 109 block.

Heck even a stock engine can make that kind of power reliably (NO DETONATION). Save your money and build a nice stock block.

Agreed, I'd stay 109 until more than 600rwhp is required. I know 109 blocks live at higher power levels than that, but you should be ok reliable sill at 600rwhp or less with a well built 109. I'm no builder though so just my .02. No detonation is required on any Buick motor though.

How much money are you thinking of investing in your build? That may help with your decision also.

A good 5 or 10 i know they arent cheap. Ill stick with the 109 anyone have a short block or stroker?

A good 5 or 10 i know they arent cheap. Ill stick with the 109 anyone have a short block or stroker?

500hp and under 10 grand....well you wont be building a beasty stage II for under 10 grand and 500hp is easy for a near stock block 109 with a good tune. You should be able to meet your goals just fine with a 109 :)

Your gonna drop a hell of a lot more than 10k on a stage 2. I've got close to, if not more, in my 109

This is the truth. Just adding the parts up for a stroker long block your easily above 6K, then add in the machine work, balancing, all the little stuff and 10K comes pretty quick.

This is the truth. Just adding the parts up for a stroker long block your easily above 6K, then add in the machine work, balancing, all the little stuff and 10K comes pretty quick.
No doubt. Mines not even a stroker. In hine sight I wish I would have went with a stroker but I'm not upset about it it's still gonna be a vette killing monster