Stage 2 Headers?

1dmbth

Does anyone know where single turbo headers are avaliable from since ATR is out buisness.

1dmbth said:
Does anyone know where single turbo headers are avaliable from since ATR is out buisness.

You can try your luck with Burhaed.
I do not have their contact information.
I think that Kip Asplund is a dealer.

Is there a good price range for a "good" set of single turbo stage II headers? We're talking nice welding, flanges, reasonable ways to get to all bolts and spark plugs, etc. We would probably leave only the crossover pipe for the customer to finish weld, so that they can custom tailor that to their oil pan.

A good friend of mine has been working on tig welding on his brand new Syncrowave 350 for some time now and I think he/we need a serious project. I'm thinking of fronting the money for stainless or mild steel to have some sets made. We don't need to make a fortune on these, but do need to make it worth the time. They will be undoubtedly be a little higher priced than ATR's but definitely worth the better fit and quality.

Suggestions on tubing size, collector style, turbo location, etc are definitely welcome.

Thanks,
John

The ATR headers on ebay are for stock engine. Don't think they will fit Stage II. Might be wrong. Anyone?
Conrad

burhaed headers, i have his headers for a single turbo,[he quit making headers for buicks,] evertime i run the car i crack the passenger side , the passenger side is the log design, i just spent 300,00 getting it reworked so it should crack anymore, i sure hope it dont,
:) oc.

Odell,

Any ideas why it's cracking? is it because of the weight of the turbo and downpipe over there with all of the heat? Stainless or mild steel?

There are two sets on Ebay ones for stage II heads.. and there are a set of black ones for stock type/stage 1 heads.

I'm thinking a semi ATR style but with more piping on the passenger side to make room for bolts and plugs and different piping setup to try to more equalize the pipe volume between the drivers side & crossover vs passenger side.

John

my stage headers are mild stanless, the reason they cracked we believe because they were too thin from the turbo flange down to the #2cyl inlet, it was only .032 thick i had it changed to .062 inside dia, is 3 inches from the flange down to the #6 cyl, oc,

You should be able to make a set out of 304 stainless for less than $1,000 dollars in material. A syncrowave 350 will be perfect for the job. Visit Burns Stainless website for some very good tips on making your own set of headers and the proper welding rod and flux to use. Don't use the thin wall tubing, unless your going to have something to support the turbo weight.

Hey MAC!

odell4o8 said:
burhaed headers, i have his headers for a single turbo,[he quit making headers for buicks,] evertime i run the car i crack the passenger side , the passenger side is the log design, i just spent 300,00 getting it reworked so it should crack anymore, i sure hope it dont,
:) oc.

I too have a set of Burhead Headers, so far no cracks.

You could also try Kooks Headers from Long Island, NY. They have done plenty of headers for Stage Buicks.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

DonWG said:

Hey, Don! I've been riding around with a pair of Stage 2 heads in my trunk since last Monday! Gotta stop by your shop sometime when you're around!