Stage 2 3.8L and 4.1L Blocks Questions

MCH86GN

What are the max HP and torque these blocks can handle and output? Given they are built. I know there isn't an exact number probably, but it would interesting to know an approximation. I have been to websites that are supposed to calculate these number given the weight, ET and trap speed. I don't trust them because I got two different numbers from two different site putting the same information in my car's weight, ET and trap speed.

Were any of the stage blocks ever put in a production car or were these blocks strictly developed for racing or aftermarket? I guess if they were developed for racing, Buick probably didn't think of putting either S1 or S2 blocks in production cars. I'm not sure if Buick did think about it and how much it would impact manufacturing or if people would pay a premium for the block or whatever. I'm sure in the early 80's maybe Buick didn't foresee people riding around in full weight Turbo Regals with 1200hp S2 engines in them almost 30 years later.

Were S1 and S2 based off the production 3.8L/4.1L or vice versa? Did the stage blocks stop production in 85 along with the S2 heads?

Why did they stop development and production of their S2 blocks? Did Buick just get out of the racing scene or what? I'm sure that this a question only the brass at Buick at the time could answer. But they had something very successful and very special. Maybe the market wasn't right for it or something. Now for sure we will probably never see anything the S2 block produced again from Buick as domestic automakers are headed into smaller displacement engines and turbocharging is gaining popularity even more. Will v8 and v6 soon be a relic of the past, with exception of heavy duty trucks.

Just some questions I have thought of. I'm interested in the history of the block?

Duttweiler was making 1900 HP on the dyno on Gallina's engine. (reportedly) Just how much power do you plan on making or NEED? Making anything over 700 HP is nothing more than CUBIC dollars. If you want to step into the big time, you better have a $150,000 budget to play in that field. Seriously........ it takes ALOT of money to play with a 1400+ HP race car. What is your budget? THAT MUST BE ESTABLISHED FIRST!!!!

Duttweiler was making 1900 HP on the dyno on Gallina's engine. (reportedly) Just how much power do you plan on making or NEED? Making anything over 700 HP is nothing more than CUBIC dollars. If you want to step into the big time, you better have a $150,000 budget to play in that field. Seriously........ it takes ALOT of money to play with a 1400+ HP race car. What is your budget? THAT MUST BE ESTABLISHED FIRST!!!!

No this post was purely for educational purposes only. If I were single and no children, it would be a different story. I could afford an "expensive hobby", but with a wife and three children, my car will probably never see a S2 engine. I will be lucky to get it painted one of these days and do a nice short block rebuild with go fast parts. Right now it is a fast summer Sunday cruiser, that comfortably seats my family of 5.