Stage 1, ta performace alum heads, blowing smoke and oil out of both breathers after fresh rebuild. less then 300 miles on engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
there is a video that is no longer posted how he grinded into my oil galley to clear the rod for stroker motor .near the pickup tube that is gone. supposedly there was a tube inserted there I dont know what thats about. could this be causing the problem. I am trying to get to the problem and he is yapping on how great the headliner came out
Incorrect, any video on my FB or Youtube is there I don't delete things.

OH WOW NOW I FIND OUT ABOUT THAT. HOW about that. so now you messed up the block as well. along with crank,rods,heads,turbo. NICE. sad i had to hear this from someone else. dude a tube was put into your block. i said what.

You need to throttle back dude. Block isn’t messed up. It’s what needs to be done when your clearance for a long rod stroker on a 109 block. Not all blocks are cast exactly the same. That’s where the human factor comes in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

omg what an abortion. the second part I saw. first part you just posted. I would have got my car out of there as soon as i saw that.

IT WAS A STROKER MOTOR BEFORE. there was no pipe. why is there a pipe now.

yeah there is a video but no name attached to it. now I have pipe stuck in there. sad I had to hear it from someone else. Sad. this is the first time I have heard about this pipe.

Blow by at an idle is typically ring seal or a blown head gasket.
for all these guys bringing up a bad PCV valve, a bad PCV valve cannot cause blow by while idling or reving the car. Your PCV valve is under vacuum in these conditions not pressure.
It is actually pulling some of the blow by into the intake not creating more.

A bad PCV valve WILL give you blow by under boost as the boost will be putting positive pressure into the crank case and the breathers will be the release point.

I agree that the PCV at idle is not the issue here. However, like you mentioned when under boost the crankcase pressure cause the breathers to be saturated with oil. Then the owner pops the hood and sees smoke coming out the breathers and oil on the valve covers.

In this case. If I were a guessing man (I’m not) I would hypothesize that the issue here is a combination of the valvecover/grommet/breather location and angle being saturated with oil caused by a PCV that isn’t sealing 100% under boost. Add a sprinkle of condensation. A dab of cold/hot weather. Another dab of an already unhappy customer. And the final result is this thread.

But that’s just a guess. So far compression tests look great but a leak down test has yet to be done.

IT WAS A STROKER MOTOR BEFORE. there was no pipe. why is there a pipe now.

yeah there is a video but no name attached to it. now I have pipe stuck in there. sad I had to hear it from someone else. Sad. this is the first time I have heard about this pipe.

It might have been a stroker motor but was it a long rod stroker? Rods are longer and pistons are shorter causing the length of the connecting rods to be long ( long rod stroker)The rod cap bolts would interfere with the oil gallery passage way. Hence why clearancing needs to be done. The tube is a fix for too much clearancing and does not compromise integrity of the block.

If it were me this is how I would attack this issue:

Leak down test:

If results are good. I would:

Put a check valve in line of the PCV to completely seal under boost.

(Maybe run a catch can in line)

Install the angled breather adapters that change the height and angle of the breathers. Clean the breathers or install new ones.

(Maybe use baffled grommets)

Test and reassess.

STEVE YOU ARE BACK TO lying again. the motor you received was a stroker motor. same rods and pistons. 15 years not one puff of smoke. or blowing oil out the breathers. this is not made up or some delusion

STEVE YOU ARE BACK TO lying again. the motor you received same rods and pistons. 15 years not one puff of smoke. or blowing oil out the breathers.

So they were the same heads, valve covers, rockers, and breathers as before or is all that different?

we are into thousands with labor and parts that were damaged. small claims is under 4500 its way above that.

BRAND NEW HEADS FROM TA. the professional tinkered with them who knows what damage was done to them.

Ok. So not the same parts as before. Read the tech advice from myself and others and it will point you in the right direction. Believe what you may but I’m actually trying to help you diagnose your issues to hopefully come to a conclusion to resolve the current problem.

You guys are welcome to spend your Sunday on here posting and going back and forth. I am out got engines to go blow up, blocks to ruin etc right Phil?

Think your name should be changed to uloser. You obviously never researched a stroker motor. That mod to the block is extremely common. Do a search on what needs to be done to block a stroker motor and you'll see all the pictures of that being done. It all depends on the crank and rods used, actual block casting and any mill work. The oil passage is right there where the rod bolt can hit. Trimming the area back can work sometimes but putting a copper pipe in that spot and milling the block back is the only way to get maximum clearance. Those posts are from years ago. That's how long that's been done. Straight out of the box TA heads need exhaust work for best flow too. I didn't pay attention to what was needed on the TA heads but just b/c something is "new" doesn't mean it doesn't need to looked at and possibly modified to it to work right on a build. This is a custom built high performance engine, not Leggos that just snap together. I'm not defending Steve V. I don't know him, never met him. I'm just seeing this all unfold and from my view you are looking pretty damn douchy.

I don't pay anyone to fight my battles like steve emailing people to post how great he is that he is a stand up guy etc. lol. embarrassing. he should be embarrassed by the shoddy work and mistreatment. All of a sudden he is a hero. he was gonna fly to boston and head my way lol that's a joke. IT WAS A STROKER MOTOR BEFORE only thing that was different that they were new heads that's all same build etc. HE DOES NOT NOW HOW to build motors. he is a parts changer. HE SHOULD NOT BUILD anymore motors till his on the job training finishing. because now it cost thousands to fix.

I don't pay anyone to fight my battles like steve emailing people to post how great he is that he is a stand up guy etc. lol. embarrassing. he should be embarrassed by the shoddy work and mistreatment. All of a sudden he is a hero. he was gonna fly to boston and head my way lol that's a joke. IT WAS A STROKER MOTOR BEFORE only thing that was different that they were new heads that's all same build etc. HE DOES NOT NOW HOW to build motors. he is a parts changer. HE SHOULD NOT BUILD anymore motors till his on the job training finishing. because now it cost thousands to fix.

You have no idea what your talking about Phil....he didn’t email me to post how great he is. I know how great he is and saw this blasphemy. I also am aware on how you were hard to satisfy while your car was there. You shouldn’t have ever bought a turbo Buick, bc you’ll never be satisfied. It will pretty much always leak oil from somewhere...then what? You bash the person that worked on it last and try to take them to small claims court? Yes it was a stroker before but it could not have had the correct rod to block clearance, it was done correctly by installing the pipe. Either way that is not causing your issue....if that was an issue then you wouldn’t have oil pressure. You have no idea if this will cause thousands to fix, you are really going out of the way at this point to try to make Steve V look bad. And you may have not started this thread out trying to bash him but you sure were fishing and knew someone would take the bait for you to go on a petty rant forever about everything you are pissed about. Take it to someone to get the issue diagnose and stop this childish/ high school drama!

To the OP. Man up and find the issue. People fuck up. Steve has owned up to it. The dude flew out to Boston to help me with my car for a few hours. It wasn’t a convenience trip where he was in Boston anyway. He came to help me and that was the only reason to fly up. It was a bonus that he happens to be from MA and was able to see family during the short 24 hour stay. The dude works countless hours and sometimes 7 days a week to feed his family and help out the TB community. Is he perfect? No. Neither is anyone else here. I fix jet aircraft for a living. I’ve done my best to fix aircraft and I fix them as if my family is flying on that jet in the morning. This trash talk internet wine bag bullshit is fucking lame. Man up and find the problem. He offered to help and admitted his fuck up. It’s extremely hard for a man to admit he is wrong but that shows how much of a man he is. Swallowed his pride and admitted a mistake initially. I’ve taken planes out on confidence flights for hours before I call it airworthy. Shit happens. Things seem fine for 300 miles and he slapped his “airworthiness “ on your car. Who knows what was done after the fact ( not saying it’s your fault either)

Just really tired of the TB community becoming whiney bitch bags lately. Man up, google how to do a leak down check, go to harbor freight and get some equipment and find the source of the issue. It’s the price we pay for going with a builder that lives a good distance away from us. I sent my engine 600 miles away from me. Hope this issue gets fixed. Good luck to both of you.

Amen brotha! Amen!!

motor has 300+ miles on it. it should have been checked checked and rechecked. rockers don't need to be adjusted unless a lifter went bad or going bad or whatever I am no expert. after all he said he put 300 miles on it which is bullshit. julio says he put 20 miles on it. they should have been adjusted by him not someone else. one side is done the other isn't. and yes I was very happy when the rockers were adjusted( by a professional). who wouldn't I thought the motor was going to explode. I don't need a catch can motor is running 14lbs. not 40 lbs. so these tactics of trying to divert a failed attempt to build a motor wont get anywhere. in fact they make it worse.

1) spun rod bearing left car in cemetary. tries to blame pickup tube. but it was the mix matched rod bearing that he used(
2) engine had no compression because he never aligned the intake with the heads thus now having to mill the heads and go with a thinner headgasket to prop up the compression. he blames the turbo precision 6465, so we switched out to 6262. which was ruined from metal going though it.
3) get there in june 2018 motor still slinging oil all over the place, he asks me if I am happy. umm no was I happy I was tired and delirious from driving 8+ hrs. tried to say it was normal for oil to come out of the breathers.
4) found things I wanted done not done. I don't care if I spend thousands of dollars to have my air dams aligned correctly. I AM PAYING FOR A SERVICE.
5) so he had to yank motor out again. this time he cant figure it and and sends me a text something has to give.

[/QUOTE]
he mad himself look bad. look at the post.

Status
Not open for further replies.