sputter, rough feeling while cruising

RA6T7GTO

hey guys new to this buick stuff,
took my 87 gn for a ride tonite,has a kind of sputtering feeling while at highway speeds, put car in neutral and it feels nice and smooth,i also tried it in different gears and still feels rough,i was thinking some kind of trans problem or torque converter, car seems to have good power for a bone stock setup, thanks

Is it a sputter? Or is it a rough feeling like at certain rpms? I was told a little rough feeling was normal after the converter locks up running about 35 to 40 mph. I do not have a stock converter any more so I do not have that problem.

I Guess It Is More Of A Rough Feeling, Like A Bad Road. Around Town You Dont Feel It Too Much But Over 55 Mph It Gets Worse,

Cracked flywheel,loose convertor bolt(s),driveshaft out of balance(rarely the weights will rust at the weld and let them fly off),u-joint loose,bad bearing in rear axle,wheel out of balance and that's all that comes to mind right now.

a response

i just had to redo the u joints on my driveshaft for my truck had a rough road feeling also had to re balance my drive shaft. it was really vibrating at lower speeds but seemed to get better at higher speeds ill bet you have a bad u joint or a out of balance driveshaft as was stated above

all good things to check, i will go over driveshaft and u joints,thanks for the help :smile:

Hi,
Check those motor mounts, the trans mount, and for downpipe and exhaust system contact with frame and body,also. Good luck with your issue.