springs, shocks

lowride87regal

i am looking for a set of rear stock springs (new) for my regal it is all stock limited 87 non turbo i know the slow one lol well i need new shocks and springs it has a 50 lb speaker box that is all the add ons just need some help on finding new ones or maybe air shocks in rear any help will be nice thanks rob

i've had good luck with kyb shocks and the springs that napa sale (heavy load) springs.. this set up has really made my car hookup and when i have all of my kids in the car with me (4 girls) it stays level :)

part # is 277-5171 and i think they were about 80.00(rear) and the shocks were 200.00 , but i think the new shocks made the most diffrence.. my shocks were the original units(20 years old) and i could compress them by hand! if you have old shocks i would change them first.. :)

MOOG 5409's are a little stiffer than stock and paired with MOOG 5660's up front really make it ride nice. More firm than stock but not too harsh. A new set of Bilstein shocks comlpete the deal.

Not to flame on anybody, but check prices at
>www.shox.com<
as 200 for KYB, seems a tad high to me. I bought Bilsteins about a year ago for only a little more.

If you have Autozone in your area, their price for bilsteins is about the same as Shox.com's shipped price.

I run moog's cargo coils cc627. They are 55.79 on Rockauto.com
The moog 5409 are 56.79 and the 5409 are 49.79. If you order from rock auto, search the web for a 5% discount code they are easily found on a lot of car club sites.

HTH
David
87gn

terryjh6 said:
i've had good luck with kyb shocks and the springs that napa sale (heavy load) springs.. this set up has really made my car hookup and when i have all of my kids in the car with me (4 girls) it stays level :)
Where can I get a set of the KYB's for a good price

DavzGN said:
If you have Autozone in your area, their price for bilsteins is about the same as Shox.com's shipped price.

I run moog's cargo coils cc627. They are 55.79 on Rockauto.com
The moog 5409 are 56.79 and the 5409 are 49.79. If you order from rock auto, search the web for a 5% discount code they are easily found on a lot of car club sites.

HTH
David
87gn

Hey the CC627 are great springs I just installed a set upgrading form the stock ones. Night and day. I got mine from Parts America and also got the two isolators I needed. I think it was 85.00 to my door that included shipping. I attached a pic that shows the difference between the stock VS cc627. BTW: The TRW cc627 is the same as the moog. That is what I have.

The springs raised the car about 1 inch on both sides and rides so much better. but on the driver's side the car is lower about 1 inch in back than the passenger side. Is this a body bushing issue?? I have new Bilsteins.

Attachments

• Springs.jpg
    Springs.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 232