SpeedPRO SFI Tuning

dhegge

HI guys I have not posted to the list in quite a while... we have been busy building a 375CI Twin Turbo motor For my C4 Vette. I have upgaded by bank-bank SpeedPRO ECM to SFI w/Individual Cylinder Control. I am going to be running individual EGT's on all cylinders with a RacePAK data acquisition system. The motor is an Iron Eagle SBC w/Victor JR EFI Conversion. Also we are running a dual pickup MSD distributor. e.g. Both Crank and CAM sync are coming from the distributor. There is a small magnetic pickup on the Pro Billet Distributor shaft. In the Vette there is no room for a conventional crank trigger.

Anyway my question is what if anything special do I need to do in order to tune the SFI setup. I would appear that base spark setting which was there in my LT1 setup is gone and in its place is SFI setting for BTDC degrees etc.

I am assuming that we wan't to adjust the timing so that it agrees with the computer. e.g. if the motor is sitting in a cell where the computer thinks we have 32 degrees advance then the timing indicator should also indicate 32 degrees advance. Is this correct? Don't know in the LT1 days it was fixed 6 degrees based nothing to adjust.

I know I have everything hooked up correctly because the car started and ran on the first try. Now we have a whole bunch of tuning todo NA before we apply the Twin Turbo boost.

The application is realatively high horsepower it should come in very close to 1000HP at the crank. If you want/need to see more information about the setup check out the following website.

http://www.jdhcon.com/vette

Thanks In Advance,
Doug

If you got it fired up on the first try you are probably close, I agree. Look on the spark table screen, at the bottom you will see a sensor called "Spark (BTDC)". Twist the distributor until you see the number in this sensor on the timing light and you should be good.