Speedometer Issue

realspartan

Hi guys,

I had an issue with my speedometer needle. For example, when driving at a steady speed lets say 60MPH the needle stays steady but when you hit a bump on the road or even play a little with the steering the needle moves and does not keep steady. The needle moves with the motion of the car. It seems like it is "loose". I lubbed the cables, changed the speedometer gear and even changed my speedometer to a 140mph unit and still have the same problem. Any ideas? Is this normal?

Regards,
Realspartan

Well, if there are no answers to this question, can the speedo needle bouncing cause the cruise control to surge?

If your cruz is surging I would replace the lower cable it is the one the feeds the speed sensor that the cruz works off of and it is the one that has given the most trouble to the GNX dash convertions I had a bouncing needle and so did a few others on the board and it has turned out to be that lower cable more then one time.

Kinda bringing this thread from dead for a question concerning the speedo cluster..is there a place where I can send my cluster in to get rebuilt? So my 'boost' gauge and rpm gauge work again?? I knew at some point in time but can't remember.