Speedo problem

HUENEMEGN

So I think my Speedo gauge is jacked up. Long sorry short, I was having volt/charging issues a while back . Happen to be a dead volt dash bulb. I had taken the gauge cluster out. Speedo needle had popped out. I thought I had popped it back in. Took car for a drive , it started making noises behind the needle as I accelerated. Then one day, the needle had came off as I was driving . Scanmaster MPH still worked so that’s good but the mileage count was not moving . Went home to put back the needle , same thing, again it popped off.

So I looked into it , looks like the some wire behind the needle is tangled in a mess . I think its suppose to be in a perfect coil right ? it’s a thin hard single wire . But it’s all jacked up .

How can I fix this ?

Thanks fellas

Hello, sorry I am probably not much help here... but you may want to reach out to John from Casper's Electronics and he is the electrical GURU and I am sure he will know what your issue is or has a fix available (possibly) from his company. Another option, if you check the for sale section, I have a excellent super low mileage speedo cluster head available for sale. Hope this helps.

A couple of times the speedometer needle started to bounce around somewhat wildly. Found a nice open stretch of road and backed up a half mile or so and that fixed it. At some point it probably won't work. Yeah, saw the cluster for sale and almost want to buy it just for the trip meter.

Thanks Reggie44. Will keep you in mind .

My Speedometer was the only gauge that was working in my cluster . Besides that jumpy gas gauge. My RPM and Boost gauge took a dump many years ago . I have all after market market gauges all over the car .
I wanted to make my own GNX dash years ago but never figured out the Speedo gauge gauge. It’s a Autometer “Z” series . Does anyone know how I can make it work ? What adapter do I need or .....?

thanks again fellas