speeding ticket

i got pulled over in nc. same thing. you will get a ton of lawyer notices in the mail. i looked at all of them web researched and the called for rates. coparately the lawyer fees were cheap. id say like 75 150 max. my speeding got knocked down to seatbelt. had to pay fine. maybe like 200-300 max cant remember. all they 2ant is ure big time nyc $ so jist hire one from there and youll be set. i didnt have to appear either. they represented you.
another thing to remember is these lawyers know the system and judges down there. you go w your big fancy ny lawyer (in their eyes) youll get bend over w no vasaline. my outcome was great. now if you have warrants etc then idk just keeping runnong from th3 law lol

If the speed limit is 80, people will do 90. If it's 90, they'll do 100.....and so on. Remember, the speed limit isn't for the guy behind the wheel or the guy in front of him....it's for the guy in the other lane.

A ticket is in lieu of an arrest.

A reporter getting locked up....puts a smile on the face of just about every cop. Waaaaaa.....my neck hurt. Guess you should have heeded all the warnings you got before getting sitting in that ZL1. ;)

shane I met you were cool when your rosewood t broke the drive shaft ? why delete my post ?

shane I met you were cool when your rosewood t broke the drive shaft ? why delete my post ?

umm My name is Scott Smith and I have acouple TR's id rther u pm me than post in a forum

MD is just as bad. I got one for doing 55 in a 45 on 4th of July weekend. It was 7am and I was the only one on the road the cop could get for anything. There was a government grant for overtime for a pedestrian safety awareness campaign. Went to court last week and they knocked it down by 1mph and said we have a quota to meet for that weekend, sorry.

VA cops are rough from what I understand. I'm a cop and I wouldn't even stop a car on the highway unless they are 15 over and 99% of the time I try to find a non moving equipment summons to write instead of speeding! I hate jacking people's insurance and the crazy fines and I know what it's like to be on the other side, I have had tickets before. Wish more cops thought like I do. I get many thanks and hand shakes

I recently got a speeding ticket in PA, a BS speed trap country rd NOTHING ON THE SIDES AND NO INTERSECTIONS. I was clocked at 49 in a 25.
Some small talk he hands my the ticket written out for 5 over and says pay it and you'll be fine. I don't hate the guy or even dislike him but I would hang the asshole that came up with the revenue scheme.
BTW the check was already cashed by the state
Life is good, wish we had more cops like him.

VA cops are rough from what I understand. I'm a cop and I wouldn't even stop a car on the highway unless they are 15 over and 99% of the time I try to find a non moving equipment summons to write instead of speeding! I hate jacking people's insurance and the crazy fines and I know what it's like to be on the other side, I have had tickets before. Wish more cops thought like I do. I get many thanks and hand shakes
where do u work i need to do a couple of test hits and highway runs lol

For crap's sake, people! Read my turbo: OBEY THE SPEED LIMIT IN VIRGINIA! That' all you have to do here. Jeez!

I've lived in Virginia all of my life......when I got a speeding ticket, again, read my turbo: I DESERVED IT! Just because you want to speed all over the place is no reason to stay out of Virginia......just obey the posted speed limit! Thus, no problem.....capische?

Here's one for you: When I just purchased my brand new 1968 Firebird 400 Ram Air II, I had my brother and a friend with me going down our main street, fresh from the dealer.....they kept egging me on, "Punch it, Brucie, punch it!" So, did I behave? Hell no! I punched it, ahhhhh, it was such an orgasmic feeling! Naturally, the speed limit was 25, I was stopped by a cop who said I pegged the radar at 125 mph......hmmm.....looks like the electric chair for me!:wtf:

The nice policeman just stared at me and asked what was my excuse? I just told him the truth...."Officer, I just picked up my first brand new car at the dealer....I was being a fool with horsepower.....I've never done that before with a muscle car......I used to drive a 1926 Model T to school during my senior year.....so, you can understand my insanity, sir." He said, "Oh, I remember that Model T all around Alexandria....so that was you? Giving all those girls a ride in it?" Yes sir, I sheepishly replied........so he said: "I've even done stupid stuff when I was younger, so I'll let you off with a warning." I asked him: "If this Firebird was yours, wouldn't you have opened it up like I just did?" He smiled and said "Don't push your luck with me.":sour:

My brother, my friend and I were absolutely shell shocked!

Though, decades later, I got a speeding ticket in my '69 Vette for going 26 in a 25 mph zone. Go figure.

Get a lawyer, show up in court, and if you lose, live up to your responsibility and pay the fine, learn your lesson and obey the traffic laws............then you'll never be pulled over again. Make sense?

Bruce '87 Grand National

Hmmmm.....every time I write in a thread, seems my post is the last..no one answers......no one loves me.:cry:

Bruce '87 Grand National

Got a speeding ticket in Nashville going 16 over in a 65. I had done the same thing in the same area a year ago and went to traffic school. Cost about $150. This time I just paid the fine and got 4 points, still around $150. Speed limits suck on long stretches on 4 lane highway. Speed limit should be around 100mph IMO.