Special birthday present..

pdzz

fixing something
A good friend of mine decided he wanted to see the look on his son's face when he gave him his 67 Vette, with a 427, numbers matching, frame off restoration. Dick is 70, was going to will the car to his son anyway, but really wanted to see him enjoy the moment. Long story short... I told him I would deliver it this past Friday. So my wife and I made the twelve hour trip, thru the hurricane, from NY to NC. White knuckle the whole way!!! Made it safe and sound!! Rick was in tears when we unloaded it in his driveway. What a great dad, great birthday present.. Just thought I'd share. Phil.
1370810891199.jpg

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

That is awesome! The 67 with the 427 and 435 hp was my favorite vet.

Great story.
D

it may be the slowest car thats been in youre hauler. but a 67 big block vette convert is also one of the most sort after highend musclecars!

Yea, I was a wreck by the time I got it there. Flash floods, car wrecks.. Was never more relieved to get it out of the hauler.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

What a great DAD!!! And very lucky son...............my Dad gave me a '49 Desoto...:rolleyes:(sigh) when I graduated.

Bruce '87 Grand National

What a great DAD!!! And very lucky son...............my Dad gave me a '49 Desoto...:rolleyes:(sigh) when I graduated.

Bruce '87 Grand National

Sounds pretty good to me, not all of us get to start out with a new car Bruce :p!

Beautiful car! I love 67's :)

Sounds pretty good to me, not all of us get to start out with a new car Bruce :p!

Beautiful car! I love 67's :)

Ha, ha, ha! You are velly, velly funny! I'm not THAT old......yet....:rolleyes: I only graduated in 1967.....or....maybe I AM old......but thanks for making me laugh, I needed it!:D

Bruce '87 Grand National

Ha, ha, ha! You are velly, velly funny! I'm not THAT old......yet....:rolleyes: I only graduated in 1967.....or....maybe I AM old......but thanks for making me laugh, I needed it!:D

Bruce '87 Grand National

if you have to say your not that old then you probably are hahaha jkjkjk

i wonder if it has red interior with a 4speed? that would just make it too perfect!

if you have to say your not that old then you probably are hahaha jkjkjk

i wonder if it has red interior with a 4speed? that would just make it too perfect!
You don't have to kid.......I AM old! You should hear me when I walk.....sound like the Tin Man that needs a thorough oiling.

This story reminds me of when I graduated from school in 1967.....one of my buddies brought over his car that his parents BOUGHT for his graduation present...are you ready? A brand new, 1967 427, three deuces, Corvette convertible, side pipes, Marina Blue with a blue interior, black stripe on the hood.....brand spanking new....God, I'll never forget that......at that time I was driving a 1926 Model T Ford two door Doctor's Coupe, and he parked that Vette right behind my Model T....man....what a time warp that was!!!!!.......I can still smell my tears......er....ah...I mean, smell the newness of that gorgeous Vette, as he brought it over to show it to me, he knew I loved Vettes so much, and gave me a much needed shot in the arm with a blistering ride in it! Jeez, what a torque monster! Ah, boy, the joys of having money.....I was 24 before I could afford my first Vette in 1972, a beautiful '66 red coupe, which I still have......I remember my Dad pitching a fit because I went out, got a loan for $2400 and bought it with 37,687 miles on it (that was a lot of money back then, as I was still a draftsman).....Dad HATED Corvettes....well, too bad.

Bruce '87 Grand National