Spearco 1-992

8hotair5

Does any have the instruction for installing a spearco 1-992 and plumbing for it? I'm not sure if servo made the kit.

This was given to me when I purchased my 85 t-type

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Attachments

• 1402460322490.jpg
    1402460322490.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 176
Looks like a Spearco hot air intercooler kit but I do not have the instructions. Should be eaqsy to call Spearco. John

SPEARCO is no more. Turbonetics owns the intercooler and DO NOT MAKE KITS anymore. You can buy the intercooler but no piping, adapters or instructions. I have some instructions somewhere. I will search my server and post later tonight...

Here is a PDF of the Spearco Instructions. Word to the wise, make sure your car is running well. No exhaust leaks, fuel issues, or problems. Most cars have picked up 1 sec. According to Spearco, this intercooler flows 1060cfm and can handle 760hp... Most complain about lag... Piping to long... a RJC Manual Boost controller will solve this and also allow you to clean up the Rats nest of vacuum lines. Do a SEARCH on Spearco installs. Also look up Board Member, MiAde2d. He has pushed a Spearco to a 10.97. He also used parts many of us have thrown away. Ironically, many that covert to a Spearco, Turbomotion, Innovative Turbo, KenneBell Big Boy never posted their times. MiAde2d has a unique combo. Search his combo.

Attachments

• Spearco.pdf
    5.4 MB · Views: 92
I will help you as much as possible. Bear in mind, just cause you put a intercooler on your car... in this configuration.... It still is a Hot Air... The Hot Air configuration DOESN'T like alot of timing (20-22 degrees). If you have converted to a Turbo Tweak chip/87 ECM, make sure you tell Eric your Hot Air configuration... 86-87 Chips are VERY Aggressive on timing. Consider getting adjustable fuel regulator (Turbo Tweak chip requires base fuel set at 43lbs), upgrading pump and hot wiring the pump. If you run 18lbs of boost with Spearco, you will need 1lb fuel for 1lb of Boost, thus you will need 43 (base) + 18 (additional lbs) = 61lbs of fuel pressure at WOT (Consider a longer line from fuel rail to temp mount under the wind shield wiper). Even with stock turbo, 325hp with Spearco in not out of the question

I haven't had the car for long. I know it had the 86-87 ecm but I haven't looked at the chip. 42# Lt1 coil and mas, 2.0 scanmaster and translator not sure if the fuel pump and hot write kit have been done yet.

I'm new to the turbo world and after days of reading. I have bigger fish to fry before this. Got a nasty vacuum and exhaust leak

Any tips on finding where the vacuum leak is coming from?

Check your vacuum block above throttle body. Best practice is to replace vacuum lines that look old. Exhaust leak will becoming from cracked header or exhaust gasket. You can use a hose like a stethoscope to find the exhaust leak. Carb/ether can be use to check vacuum lines on throttle body.