Speakers, your choice size and location?

Sandman_GN85

Someone help me?
I'm finally trying to upgrade my shot speakers in my 85 GN and well I ran into a little road block. I have old 6x9's in the rear and i figured ok go buy some new ones, found an amazing performing pair of boss 500 watt rear speakers and bought them. Go to find out the only reason why the old 6x9's fit back there was because the former owner BENT the speaker to fit up in that little spot. So question is, what size and location do you guys use for rear speakers? Through the rear decklid? Under it in that space for the stockies? Thanks

stock is 4x10, you can buy an adapter to fit 6x9s...a bit of a pain to install but it works.
Personally I eliminated my rears all together, I just run a killer front setup & a sub

Anyone got a link to the site that I can buy the 6x9 adapter? I would just buy 4x10's but only 2 pairs are even made that I can find and they stink compaired to the options for 6x9's etc. Thanks

i just installed 6x9s in my gn, i bought the adaptor at circuit city for $25. its a bit of a pain, but you can get them to fit in.

I picked up some Pioneer 4x10's at best buy. Previous owner had zippy tied some delco 6x9's in the trunk. Gee, I wonder why that sounded so crappy?

I use Pioneer 3 way 4 x 10's and i think they sound great. They have a small 2 channel amp running them.

Scott

Well I got them in and they sound great. Just required a little "extending" of the bracket, nothing a good old stiff coat hanger couldn't do. They are in there rock solid and working great. Thanks for the tips though guys.