Speaker Upgrade

Buickforlife

Tyler Northcutt
What would you car audio gurus recommend for me to purchase for my GN? It is concert sound II.

I have been looking at getting kicker speakers. 4" ones for the dash, and some 5.25 for the doors. Somebody was telling me that it might not be worth it to replace the dash speakers, and I should just disconnect them. What do yall think?

PO put in a pioneer deck, but contemplating replacing that. It doesn't have a auxillary port for my MP3 player. He also replaced the rear deck speakers with pioneers.

Thanks.

i would keep the 3.5's in the dash. they are inexpensive even for quality speakers, you just gotta watch for the top of the speaker dimensions, or theyll hit the top of the dash and rattle. i dont know about 4" on the dash since youll probably have to modify a little there, and its tough enough to work in that space already.

i had thought about component 6.5's in the door, but i bought some quality jl audio coaxials and it worked just as good and kept the stock lookin appearance. just becareful the magnet is not too big or itll rub the windows when you roll them down.

and i would replace the 4x10s in the rear with 6x9s. the adapter plate's are around $15 on ebay. and it'll take a little work to get them in but definitely worth it. u also gotta watch the magnet depth on the 6x9s since they might rub the trunk bars. my 6x9s are pretty big, they sit right on the bars but have to cause any kind of problems.

i was also able to get two amps and a kicker shallow mount 12" sub in the trunk top deck, so i was able to keep basically the whole trunk.

i spent very little on my system. i wouldnt buy from stores, they are too expensive. sonicelectronix.com has some great deals. by the way, i have jl audio 3.5's, jl audio 5.25's, polk audio 6x9s, and a 12" kicker sub. but i know boston acoustics and alpine speakers sound good as well and probably cost a little less.

also, dont know if you know, but look at the sticky on the concert sound rewiring for aftermarket speakers.