Spanked a Fly-By Subaru.

HighMileage

Albany,NY
It's 11:30pm Friday night. I'm on my way home on a 45mph 2-lane that merges a few miles up ahead. I'm in the left. The right has to merge.

Yep,I kept hearing a noise. It had to be coming from the car behind me. It wasn't from the old Cad next to him. We are all rolling along at 5mph above the limit. We are rolling along,and I kept hearing this mini horse-sneeze. I thought nothing of it.

The three of us get a redlight. I look in my rear view to see that it's one of those Subarus with all of the aerodynamic laundry hanging out to dry,and a hood scoop.

Greenlight... We all roll up to 50 or so in the 45. The Cad hangs right at the Y in the road.
About 5 seconds or so later,I look back again. Mr Subaru swerves out to my right with a head of steam. (apparent cut-off at the merge coming? Yep.)

Me,with my foot barely on the gas at about 50,mash on it. He clearly had the jump on me as per ricer fly-by style.

I held him off. He had to get back behind me.

Now he's mad and following me. He actually followed me to my last turn,which is onto a desolate road in the country. I saw a wing-thing on the trunk as he kept going straight.

Sorry,Mr U-R-A-Bus. (subaru spelled backwards). You didn't get me.

One lesson learned is that I need a good exhaust. Mine is basically stock. It sounds like there is a potato stuck in there restricting it.

Mark one for the TR guys. ...and another loss to a ricer attempting a fly-by.