Spacers/Adapters to make 4 front GTA wheels fit like GNX wheels?

t-topflyer

Is it possible to make 4 front GTA rims (0 offset) fit similar to how GNX wheels fit on a Turbo Buick? If so, what size spacers or adapters would be needed front and rear? I think the GNX wheels are 15mm offset in the front and 23mm offset in the rear.

no spacers in the front. I will check later & see if the spacers on my car have a size or number on them.

"Front" gta's will fit all around without spacers as long as you stay with a reasonable sized tire. i have a 255/50 drag radial on the the back and it fits no problem.

i do plan on going to a 295/50 drag, but i have heard that id have to run a 3/8" spacer, and im not to crazy about that.

"Front" gta's will fit all around without spacers as long as you stay with a reasonable sized tire. i have a 255/50 drag radial on the the back and it fits no problem.

i do plan on going to a 295/50 drag, but i have heard that id have to run a 3/8" spacer, and im not to crazy about that.

They fit good with a 245/50s but I'm looking for something that is safe and will give it more of a look of a GNX by pushing out the rear wheels like they are on a GNX where they are approximately flush with the fender flares. I was thinking since the fronts are 15 mm offset which is 0.59" maybe a 1/2" adapter in the front and in the back 23 mm is 0.9" maybe a 1" in the back but I don't know if that would be logical or not?

are you also going to add the cheesy GNX wheel flares to make it really look like a GNX?

are you also going to add the cheesy GNX wheel flares to make it really look like a GNX?

I'm going to add a set of aftermarket repop 0 offset rims to a real GNX so I can preserve the original wheels and tires and so I can drive it without fear of damage to them. I would however like it to look as much like before as possible so I thought adapters might be the answer but I'm unsure of the size so I came here for guidance.

Do a ...

search for wheel spacers, there is a company that supplies spacers upto 1.5"s I believe, maybe more. I thought I had the name stored, but I can't seem to find it at the moment. They bolt dirctly to the axle and have separate studs for mounting the new rims. they come in a variety of thicknesses. :cool:

I thought about doing spacers but i just dont want to risk it. I know my car is not that quick at the moment but eventually it will be and i just rather not take a chance. I am looking at the 275/45-16 toyo drag radials for now but no one can give me a report as to how they hook. I did an extensive search here about spacers and like i said i just dont want to risk using them. I will eventually bite the bullet and drop some cash on some sweet CCW 18s with the correct offset for the rear. My 2 cents...

heres how the toyos look:
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/brakes-suspensions-tires-wheels/331204-new-toyo-drag-radials.html