South FL Caravan to Old Town on Sunday 28th

ULOSE2A6

Hi Guys,

I was thinking about heading up to Old Town early on Sunday morning and was wondering if there is interest to form up a South Florida Caravan and drive up and back together. Post up here if there is interest in doing this. I know a couple folks who were at the last Palm Beach Meet mentioned this and I will contact them directly about it otherwise. I'll post up the progress as I hear from everyone. Thanks and hopefully we can make this happen.

Regards,
Shev

Will be heading up and across I-4 around 8:30 sunday moring, not sure if the further south guys are coming that way or not???

JD

i'm supposed to take my car to Fred at TurboTech on Thursday...if I get in back in time I wouldn't mind driving up!

Freddy will have your car until June. (lol)
If you get it back in time contact me as I live near you. We can head up together. What is he doing to your car?

Freddy will have your car until June. (lol)
If you get it back in time contact me as I live near you. We can head up together. What is he doing to your car?

Basically i just told him i want a multi-point inspection type thing done - I just want him to overlook everything with the car and tell me what he thinks. I've had it for a little over a year now and its my first Turbo Buick, and its never been in the hands of one of the guru's. The fuel pressure is off and i've been getting like 15mpg so he is gonna adjust that, plus I have this weird TPS/IAC problem where my TPS drops to .18-.22 sporadically. I replaced the sensor already and it still does it. Fred also thinks I have a stock fuel pump so we might put a Walbro in and he'll also make me a hotwire kit if we decide to do that. The car has its little "quirks" like anything else and I just want him to check them all out and let me know what should be taken care of and what can be left alone.

I think if we leave from Palm Beach area around 7:00am we will be there for the 10:00am start time. Suggestions on a place to meet up? If folks are coming from south up on I-95 we can meet at Dave's Shop right off I-95 in Lake Worth or if ya'll are coming up on the Turnpike, we can meet up at one of the Service Stations in Palm Beach. PM for my cell number if you need it and we can coordinate directly. I have about 4 cars confirmed to go as long as the weather is agreeable and a few more still to confirm.

Shev

im making a weekend out of it, since i have family over there.
Is anyone going to the track up in orlando, i heard they have one there, im going to inquire about it, maybe some locals will be taking there cars up there to run them....

doesn't look like i'm gonna make it this time boys...I thought Fred might have given me the call today to bring the Buick by but he did not, so hopefully I will here from him tomorrow.

Good to see you guys making the trip up. Just FYI for those coming for the weekend, the Wide Track Warriors Pontiac club is having their annual show on Saturday at Old Town, a nice event to check out the day before our show.

Orlando Speedworld is the local 1/4 mile track and the Central Florida Road Course near the Orlando Int. Airport has a 1/8 mile track. Not sure of their schedules so you might want to check their websites.

Drive safely guys, see you Sunday

Looking forward to it George.

We want to leave the Palm Beach area by or before 7:00am so the plan now is to meet up at Dave's shop just off I-95 on 10th Ave N in Lake Worth for 6:45am and then hit the road. See everyone on Sunday morning.

Regards,
Shev

It was a fun ride up. It was even more fun on the way back. (1 lock the key in the trunk, one break down, one pin hole in the coolong system, one get pulled over by the cops, and 1 miss the exit.) I had a great time. Thanks, Dave, Shev, Bob, Alex, Mike, and Rich! BTW: thanks for having an arsonal of parts in the trunk Dave/Shev. :eek:

Adam

Great catching up with all of my central Florida friends and George you put on an awesome event. The ride up and back was pretty chill as long as you keep in mind that at least none of us caught on fire like that car in the median on the Turnpike :)

Mike

Good time had by all!

Who was the smuck that locked his keys in the trunk! LOL Thank God for good smart friends and an Electric Trunk release!

Although Adam had some black smoke there was NO FIRE! It was also a good thing that truck fire was in the North bound lane or we would still be waiting!

But, Seriously thanks for the help in getting my keys without having to rip out my seats!

Rich

Memorable Road Trip

What's a road trip without some fun times and great memories right? Haha

Despite the leak at the thermostat housing and Rich locking his keys in his trunk while waiting for the waterweld to set; the tint ticket I got from the really butch state trooper and Adam's MAF failing, I had a really great time and I think those things made it even more memorable for sure.

I have to say a special thanks to everyone that went and the spirit of "Going Fast With Class" was truly demonstrated on Sunday because despite everyone having a long way to go and timelines to meet, it was one for all and all for one. Great bunch of guys and I am looking forward to our next road trip.

We will be announcing the date of the next Palm Beach TurboBuick Meet pretty soon so that might be the next opportunity for an outing, plus there is Pinks this Saturday at PBIR and there is also a private track rental at PBIR on Sunday March 21st if anyone is interesting in running their cars or spectating, let me know.

Regards,
Shev

Butch State Trooper!

Shev, I heard that you got that State Troopers phone number! So, getting the ticket was not all bad!

Well she was laughing when I told her that I could not see her through her tint and that the Charger she was driving could not have caught me if I decided to RUN from my tint ticket, hahaha.

Never run from da PO-PO...

Shev

I am almost certain that the G-string and rollerblades would have gotten you out of the ticket! :eek::eek::eek:

Well it was great seeing everyone again , the years fly by nice to catch up with old friends , thanks again to the Central Fl. club for putting on a great show looking at all the nice GN's just got me pumped for Bowling Green . Glad I made it another year and look foward to catching you guy's at the next one.

Attachments

• Old town 2010(1).jpg
    Old town 2010(1).jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 145