South East Turbo......

gearhead_9_9

You did what in your cup?
This was posted by a supposed employee of South East Turbo:

1. Your card WILL be charged right away!

2. Your money Will be used to fund another customers cars or products!

3. You WILL NOT be notified if parts are on order, this keeps seturbo from being able to charge your card!

4. Only believe 10% of what you here from Paul! I know first hand on this subject!

5. Believe it or not there are NUMEROUS vendors, outstanding vendors
(RJC, Cottons, gaugepods.com, Gbodyparts.com, postons) seturbo is not a manufacturer so all the parts they have you can get straight from a dependent source.

6. You will be charged something like 15% "admin fee"!

7. You will be highly overcharged for shipping, most of you know this!

My experience with South East Turbo was not very pleasurable from the start. I'll respond bullet point by bullet point.

1. My card was charged immediately upon my phone order, I have credit card receipt to prove date of charge. The 2 3/4" cat back exhaust was not shipped until 10 days later, after I called and complained. I have tracking number and email proof of shipping date. Any legitimate business does not charge the card until they ship the product. I really don't appreciate paying for something PLUS paying interest on top of that for nothing!

2. Can not comment. I do not know the inner workings of SE Turbo.

3. I agree. Only after 2 follow up calls did my order ship.

4. I can not prove this but I suspect it is close. After being on the phone with Paul for over 1/2 hour, he never once told me the 2 3/4" exhaust would need dimpled to fit over the rear end housing. The details of my exhaust installation are below but the short version is I was having multiple fitment issues with the SE Turbo exhaust. The local shop that was installing the SE Turbo exhaust made 2 technical calls to Paul. After those discussion, the shop recommended I return the exhaust. I have done business with the local shop for over 20 years and never once a problem so their recommendation was taken with high regard. I then made a phone call to Jay's GN to get the "story" on the exhaust systems he sold. Jay immediately told me the 2 3/4" was for larger HP engines and would require dimpling the fit over the rear end housing!!! GO figure!!! Paul even admitted to me that He and Jay use the same vendor. You would think that after selling "hundreds" of these kits, Paul would know this also. Jay also said the 2 1/2" would fit perfect (I order it and it did), kudos' to Jay.

5. True.

6. Absolutely true! I was charged a 15% restocking fee for the return. When the product is "not as advertised", I expect to not pay this fee. I am highly upset at this charge under the circumstances. Moreover, I had to pay shipping back to SE Turbo.

7. If this WAS true at one time, Paul must have corrected this. I was charged $31 dollars for shipping by SE Turbo which was less than the $50 it cost me return the exhaust So, shipping seemed reasonable to me.

Now for the gory details of the install:
· cat converter bolt holes did not line up with dump tube
· exhaust hit the floor boards by the drive shaft
· exhaust hit rear end housing (mentioned above)
· driver side stuck out 2 inches further than passenger side
· brackets did not ship with kit, Paul had said the brackets were taped to the exhaust, I saw no tape marks. There is a possibility the bracket fell out of the box as there was a tear in the cardboard box.

The local shop I have dealt with for over 20 years is the only shop that has touched my GN besides me. I trust their capabilities fully. They had my car on the rack for 2 1/2 hours trying to make the SE Turbo exhaust fit. The owner only charged me $25 for all their time since he felt bad for me and the issues I had with the exhaust. He really should have charged me $150, but that is what reputable businesses do.

Furthermore, laying on my back in my own garage, I had the 2 1/2" exhaust from Jay's GN in about 1 1/2 hours. I am not the fastest, I like to do it right. The fit was darn near perfect. BTW, my GN has 66K miles, is pretty near stock (typical upgrades to weak points) and never wrecked.

I will never deal with SE Turbo again.

Joe

So now you can tell everyone!!!!!
Its not just a disgruntled ex-employee!!!!!!
AND THEY STILL WONT TAKE MY PICTURE OFF THEIR WEBSITE~!!!!!~

SHADY BUSINESS !!!!!!!!!!!! Dont buy from!!!

I do not have a "complaint" per say.....but here's my story.
I purchased their under hood embroidered hood insulator.....because I liked how it looked as pictured on their website. When I got it......it was a beautiful hood insulator (don't get me wrong). However......it was NOT as pictured. It actually had LESS embroidering than advertised....with LESS words/writing on it!
When I phoned to mention this....I was told that it was an old picture on the website. I suggested that they should strongly consider updating it!!! because invariably they would sell one of these to a customer that was not as "easy going" / satisfied as me. They responded they would update it when they got a new picture.
Still NO updated picture.

So I guess my point is: beware if you purchase an embroidered under hood pad........it will NOT be as pictured.
Subsequently.....I'm hesitant to purchase a trunk kit from them now!!!
Hope this helps someone out in the future. Chris

ill jump on the wagon a bit,i was allways confussed about this one...

i bought the remote turbo oil filter thing from them off ebay,it said 100% satisfaction garaunteed or we will refund money......i got it and opened it and realized it would ,imo,open myself to more problems if i installed it....it said be carefull about a o-ring as this could cause major probs if not put on right,then i would have other areas open to leaks and failures in the furture,then i went to install it and seen it looked liked a pita....so i called a local"alky guy"and he told me he wouldnt put it on and that was enough for me....

i called s.e turbo i got a run around and no return calls for 4 days,thats calling 4 times a day and hearing,paul(i think it was)will call you back today,and never would....finnally after the 4th day i started losing it and going off on them,because they said he would only return half my money,because it was used?..i said i opened the box,and put it back?...i told them thats not exceptable and i would smear them all over the net and sell it on ebay saying im giving this away to the higest bidder,even if its $10,if they promise never to buy from se turbo...he said he would see what he can do...

he gave me a run around and mentioned his supplier(some real good turbo place?)wouldnt take it back used,i called that place and talked to the owner,who was a awesome guy and the owner...he said they should take it back,because he will,i called se turbo and was told he will paypal me only $100 back,out of the $179(i think)...i said screw it ill just never buy from him again......and never did and never will....

Bummer.....

I really thought long and hard about posting feedback of SE Turbo on this forum. But I am glad I did because apparently I was not the only one who had questionable dealings with them.

I really hope the admins of this site look at this feed back carefully and police the vendors. By that I mean maybe someone knows Paul and can have a talk with him. The turbo Regal community is small and we need all the reputable vendors / distributors we can get.

Thanks eturbosell for your initial post, it pushed me over the edge caused me to post my side of the story.

Joe

Well its good to see that im not just the "disgruntled" ex-employee anymore:D I posted that thread just simply to let people know how seturbo was from an inside point of view. With Paul its all about $$$$$, not customer service, not employees, not even the cars themselves. Im very very surprised seturbo is still clinging to some kind of repore.

Tommynos- I still worked at seturbo when that happened to you. I tried to tell Paul to refund you, i mean we only made like $25 off of a turbo saver on ebay. And we were doing $200,000 a month at the time and that wasnt bad for a two man operation. Especailly when i was only making 300 a week:confused: I tried to explain to him that if you were taken care of we would more than likely get repeat business from you which would be more beneficial then $25 off of that product. But he didnt care its all about the bottom dollar. And i understand that the idea of business is to make money. But when the SMALL dollar signs are more important than the customer your not going to make it far for very long.

bgndobe- The picture hasnt changed in years mainly because i was the web guy, ebay guy, etc, etc. Im thinking that why my picture is still up there:confused: