Source For MAF To Turbo Inlet Tubing?

~JM~

Wrinkled Member
Need to replace the tubing from my OEM turbo inlet to my OEM MAF.

The FMIC to TB tubing has worn a hole into the MAF tubing. What is the best way to prevent this from happening again?

Thank you.

Thanks.

I would rather go with some polished aluminum hard tubing, but I can't justify doing that when I'd like to upgrade the MAF & turbo someday.

I saw some mention of using "shop vac" hose. Is that an option, or is that a joke?

Thanks.

I would rather go with some polished aluminum hard tubing, but I can't justify doing that when I'd like to upgrade the MAF & turbo someday.

I saw some mention of using "shop vac" hose. Is that an option, or is that a joke?

I would go with the real thing. I would hate to put a "shop vac" hose on and have it collapse under boost.

Thanks.

If you know what mods are next in line, you could get the maf pipe now for your upgraded system and purchase reducers to fit what you have now.
I have my original maf hose that the alt. stud wore through the outer layer to the wire, but the inner layer is still intact and doesn't leak.
I will send it to you for the price of shipping to get you by if you like.
PM if interested.
IMG_3721.JPG

IMG_3723.JPG

Thanks I appreciate the offer, but I ordered a 3' section of tubing last night.

I'm not certain about the future plans at this time.

Thanks I appreciate the offer, but I ordered a 3' section of tubing last night.

I'm not certain about the future plans at this time.

You are welcome.
It's not NOS so it's not worth much and it's not doing any good sitting in a box.

You are welcome.
It's not NOS so it's not worth much and it's not doing any good sitting in a box.

Very cool of you to offer. That's what I love about all you guys (and gals) here. The willingness here to share the wealth is so unique these days.

If you're still running the stock airbox you can't use a solid pipe (or the upgraded MAF)

When the engine rocks over there won't be a flex joint anymore.

With the track record of how flaky the stock MAFs are, I'd REALLY consider making a plan to get a Translator and newer MAF with a larger filter very soon.

^^^ My 87T has Earl's intake piping on it. LS1 MAF,. Nice piece, right price.

Do you need some kind of support bracket near the MAF and filter?

What about the air temperature sensor that goes into the stock ducting between the air box and stock MAF?

You can't use a support bracket on the MAF with a solid pipe. It would be a bad thing when the engine torques over.

Plus, those brackets transmit harmonics into the sensor. The new one are able to put up with them much better than the stock type. Those solid brackets will rattle the guts out of the junky factory sensors.