Source for HD rocker shafts?

Powder

I called TA performance today to order HD rocker shafts for my 4.1 engine build and they are out of stock and can't find a supplier. I'm putting in a roller cam kit so I really feel the need for beefier shafts. Anyone know of a supplier, preferably one of the Buick vendors? TIA.:confused:

I have a set of new HD ones hidden some where, let me check when I get home.

I think Postons sells them? Maybe even Mike @ Fullthrottle or Brian @ Gbodyparts will have some kicking around?

TA Performance sells them. Just make sure you tell them HEAVY DUTY, and not stock replacement ones. I ordered shafts from them, but didn't "clarify" HEAVY Duty (well, I think that's what happened anyway) and ended up with a broken shaft.

I called TA performance today to order HD rocker shafts for my 4.1 engine build and they are out of stock and can't find a supplier. I'm putting in a roller cam kit so I really feel the need for beefier shafts. Anyone know of a supplier, preferably one of the Buick vendors? TIA.:confused:

Looks like he did call them

G-body gets them from TA performance so I will check on Monday to see if they have any left in stock. I didn't think to check with Postons. Thanks for all the input. Maybe RJC will start making them?
MLH

I got a set from johns performance awhile back for around $80. i think they are a sealed power part.

I'm interested. Shoot me a PM if you find them.:smile:
MLH

I found them but they are the STD ones not HD:(

I am going to try an idea I had a while ago about filling them with an epoxy and drilling out the holes.
Stay tuned.

Maybe get a drill rod and drive it into the center of the shaft. Also, if you drill and tap the holes for the retainer buttons, you could install cap screws with brass washers instead of the silly nylon butons. (use lock-tite) I don't think epoxy has ANY shear carrying capabilities. (though it might dampen harmonics) I will look into doing this myself in the next day or two. I guess that is why I recieved the std replacememt shafts from TA when I ordered the HD shafts. At least they didn't charge me for HD and send me std ones. The Sealed power ones are about $60 from TA, So, $80 sounds too steep for a standard replacement shaft. (Sealed Power) The Sealed Power shafts NEED the RJC caps, or you can crack them on installation. (just had that happen to me.) Sealed power lists the shafts as a heavy duty replacement for stock shafts, when in fact they are nearly identical to stock shafts, only heat treated differently. (which makes them brittle and if you torque the mounting bolts too tight, they WILL crack.) Some one is making solid shafts for the roller rockers, so maybe T&D could help you out?

Maybe get a drill rod and drive it into the center of the shaft. Also, if you drill and tap the holes for the retainer buttons, you could install cap screws with brass washers instead of the silly nylon butons. (use lock-tite) I don't think epoxy has ANY shear carrying capabilities. (though it might dampen harmonics) I will look into doing this myself in the next day or two. I guess that is why I recieved the std replacememt shafts from TA when I ordered the HD shafts. At least they didn't charge me for HD and send me std ones. The Sealed power ones are about $60 from TA, So, $80 sounds too steep for a standard replacement shaft. (Sealed Power) The Sealed Power shafts NEED the RJC caps, or you can crack them on installation. (just had that happen to me.) Sealed power lists the shafts as a heavy duty replacement for stock shafts, when in fact they are nearly identical to stock shafts, only heat treated differently. (which makes them brittle and if you torque the mounting bolts too tight, they WILL crack.) Some one is making solid shafts for the roller rockers, so maybe T&D could help you out?

Thanks again. I may give them a try if I can't find any at G-Body or Postons.
MLH

Maybe get a drill rod and drive it into the center of the shaft. Also, if you drill and tap the holes for the retainer buttons, you could install cap screws with brass washers instead of the silly nylon butons. (use lock-tite) I don't think epoxy has ANY shear carrying capabilities. (though it might dampen harmonics) I will look into doing this myself in the next day or two.

I agree about the sheer strength, but i figured filling it might help distribute the load along more of the shaft.
A filled cavity has to be a little stronger than a hollow one in this case. I was going to try JB weld.
What do you think?

I spoke with Poston's today, who I have used before, and they have HD shafts available. I'm a little concerned because they are only about $19.00 each and they don't think they are any thicker than stock. Apparently they are stronger because they are made from a chrome moly alloy. I'm a little concerned that they won't hold up to my approximately (guess) 140lb spring pressure with the roller cam. If I can't find the thicker, TA Perf. type, I may buy these and use the RJC reinforcements and cross my fingers. Its a pure street car that will only see short bursts of blinding acceleration.:D Thanks for all the input from youse guys.
MLH