Sound Reducing Material

BooBoo231

I am a long time poster on "Turbobuicks.com" and wasn't able to log back in when I re-signed up?? Anyway, I am enjoying this site very much. I am glad to find another site where people share the same passion for these cars as I do:)

I am restoring my 87' Rosewood Turbo T from the ground up. What an undertaking!! I am now at the stage where I am considering what type of sound suppressing to use when I put it back together. I am really leaning towards the lizard skin spray on ceramic insulation. They have two types, but figure the heat resistant one would also quiet the car down? I may also use a bit of dynamat or something in certain spots as well. Any opinions would be great. Thanks for reading.

You do not have to do 100%. If you do what you can easily get to, it will make a noticeable difference.

How expensive is that material? Do people still use things like Dynamat or is there better out there now?

I will post pics eventually I promise. I'm not that good with putting pics on here. I did it one time to sell some rims, but will need a refresh from my brother in order to post more:) Oh, I also have T-Tops:( So I am hopeing the sound deadner will help the rattles from that as well.