Sound Deadening

GoGo84

Have any of you guys used any type of sound deadener on the interior of your cars. I have been thinking about doing this for stereo sound, but as well just to cut out some of the noise that I have on the inside of my car. The interior will be out soon and I figure that I might as well do it then instead of having to go back and do it later.

yeah I used 70ft^2 of brown bread.

You can find it @ www.b-quiet.com If you also look there you can see my car. :) Go to Installs, and then look for the '86 Monte Carlo SS link. You can also follow my sig, go to More Pictures and look under New Install in my webshots account.

Another notable mat is Raamat. I dont know of a web address off hand but I will keep a lookout for it.

Don't even look at Dynamat, unless you get sponsered by them its a waste of $$. Pay 2x or more for something that doesn't do anything better.

I checked the website out for the Brown Bread....I am impressed. I just assumed that dynamat was the best since that is all i ever hear about, but for the savings alone I think I will be wrapping my car in Brown Bread!!!

Thanks again

check out the raammat too, its just as good, and even cheaper.

You only hear about Dynamat because they advertise everywhere, thus jacking up their prices.

I used b-quiet in my 86 GN. Stuff works great for hortizonal surfaces (floor pan), but the heat and humidity down here in Mississippi just melted it right off the door panels. I'm looking for something to replace it with that can stand some heat.

which stuff from b-quiet did you use? The cheapest version of it isn't that tacky and will fall off. I haven't heard any complaints about the brown bread. it sticks like crazy.

Did you put in multiple layers or just single layers, and if so where did you put the multiple layers?

Here's an ultra easy way to deaden your car...Everyone has heard about the spray sound deadener...Basically, out of all the stuff I've used it works the best, easiest to apply (if you spray it) and gets into all the little nooks and crannys that mat will never get to. BUT it is fairly expensive...20-25 buck a quart...last car I did with it I used 12 quarts. Here's the cool part, that stuff is nothing but a colored autobody product called "body shutz"...body shutz is around 10.00 a quart.

The only draw back to the stuff is you have to mask off anything you don't want it to get on (once it hardens it's HARD) and you have to let the car sit for 24 hours after spraying....but you can put on as much as you want...more coats = less resonance.

It sure beats cutting and sticking for hours! Looks nice when dry as well ( a textured black finish) ust a little info from an old pro who's done it all....Guty the interior and spray away!

Is there any place I can get more info on the Body Shutz. Sounds interesting, but I would like to read up about it before I make any decisions. Also, can this be purchased from a local paint store or is it special order?

humm, I may have to look into that stuff zam. I've heard lots of good things about the spray deadening, but I've never personally used it.

The Cascade stuff is just too expensive, but that body stuff sound just about right. :)

I'm tellin' ya...if you've ever used the mat, and then try this stuff you'll be :mad: about all the time you wasted.

There really isn't all that much info on it...it's an old well known product that no longer needs an explaination.

All you have to do is Gut the interior, wipe it all down, mask off where you don't want it (including screw holes! just put the screw in it) and go to TOWN....inside doors is a breeze... ceiling, floor, 1/4s, trunk...takes about an hour to spray it all...then walk away...go to sleep, wake up the next morning and it's done...no smell, no peeling and a nice finish. It's the same stuff OEM uses on interiors. All you have to do is use more. Try it, you'll like it.