Sony has MY vote!

Buick From Hell

sixey
Staff member
Came in to work this morning, and had my $1k Sony Digital camera in my left hand (NOT in the case). We have an old milk box out front where people leave jobs to do sometimes, so I checked, and there was small job I grabbed...

I work at my parents house; as you walk in, there's a small landing and you can go up 2 steps, or go left & down 2 steps to the next landing, then right, down to the basement. There's also an iron railing...

As I proceed to head UP, my left coat-sleeve caught the iron railing, and... I dropped the camera...a 4 foot freefall to the wood & metal steps below, and I watch in horror as it careens off the next 10 steps all the way to the basement, then bounces off the cement floor a couple more times for good measure...:eek: I head downstairs expecting to see my camera in a billion pieces...

Don't know how it survived, but there's not a scratch on it, and everything still works perfectly! :)

Pretty good craftsmanship...I can't imagine too many other electronics products that would've survived that!

Sony makes good cameras, mine is well built also. Too bad thats the only thing good that sony makes :)

my D770 is about 4 years old now, and its taken a beating. its gone riding with me on the dunes and all sorts of other stuff. still works great and takes better pictures then a lot of the stuff on the market.

well worth the investment i think.

Wow thats hard to believe Kevin, don't try that again! I just got an Olympus for my bday, and I could never see it sustaning something like that. It didnt cost anywhere near what you paid for yours I'm sure, but I have been very nervous about dropping it or otherwise screwin it up. Glad to hear its still in one piece:)