Somthing You Don't See Everyday

jwillettgn

You may have seen this but it was just sent to me.

This car was built by N2A motors ( No Two Alike ) . Cost is $40,000 over the cost of a new Corvette C6 ( MSRP $44,000 ) .The company is planning a production run of about 100 vehicles . It sits on a Corvette C6 chassis , front styled like a 57 Chevy , side like a 58 , rear like a 59 . Hence the designation " 7 8 9 " .

0.jpg

1.jpg

untitled.jpg

Jim

Took me a few minutes of looking to wonder why I didn't like it.

The body lines and sheet metal look great ...it's the paint I hate. I'd sure like to see a solid color, just for comparison sake. Think I'd like it then.

Black, solid black. Can anyone photoshop it?

I can't bring myself to like that car, it's just a hodgepodge of so many different styles, any of them are awesome on their own, mush 'em all together like that, and it's just ugly. I want to like it, I really do, but god I hate it.

Took me a few minutes of looking to wonder why I didn't like it.

The body lines and sheet metal look great ...it's the paint I hate. I'd sure like to see a solid color, just for comparison sake. Think I'd like it then.

Black, solid black. Can anyone photoshop it?

PhotoChopped
789.jpg

Wowzer Mr. Sverble.....excellent job. I even tried it myself but using a Photoshop paint brush looked just as, well, using a paint brush on an actual car...:D Some day you should eggsplain to we mere mortals how you do it.

Anyway, I do like it now. It was the paint, at least for me. Looks like a European sports car with an American flair.

Wowzer Mr. Sverble.....excellent job. I even tried it myself but using a Photoshop paint brush looked just as, well, using a paint brush on an actual car...:D Some day you should eggsplain to we mere mortals how you do it.

Anyway, I do like it now. It was the paint, at least for me. Looks like a European sports car with an American flair.

Oh, thanks. It's not too complicated to take a colored car and make it black. You select the area you want black with the Lasso tool. Copy that area, Go to Image, adjust, desaturate. It will take all the color out of the selected piece. then go to Image, adjust, Brightness/Contrast. Here you can adjust the degree of light and dark in relation to the selected shaped "shading" and the rest of the vehicle's parts. Save an original layer of the first photo, this way you can restore any lost color object like turn signals by selecting the needed shapes and copying them to a new layer. What is really challenging is taking a color or black and then making that car into a totally different color. I tried Yellow. It's ok, I got hungry so I dropped this project and started a new project. Tacos.:biggrin:
789yellow.jpg

I like that yellow even better, and I'm not a big fan of yellow. The car looks really good.

Thanks for taking the time to type the instructions....I tried it and got nowhere. The lasso tool is kind of a freehand thingy...and I can't stay around the edge correctly using the mouse. (Reminds me of my coloring book days, or should I say coloring rock days :tongue: )

can you do one in my favorite color:rolleyes: pink...:D :D

I gave it a go, but I let the original elements kind of degrade...I've found that the more you "adjust" things the more detail fades. Anyway, I gave pink a shot.
I actually like the black now that I've seen a few versions. maybe bright red with gold details would be cool.
789pink.jpg

I gave it a go, but I let the original elements kind of degrade...I've found that the more you "adjust" things the more detail fades. Anyway, I gave pink a shot.
I actually like the black now that I've seen a few versions. maybe bright red with gold details would be cool.
789pink.jpg

Sweet;) ;)