Something weird just happened....

C

Cakes

I was driving my GN tonight up a steep hill (maybe 35% incline) and I was doing about 35 mph or so and I matted it to accelerate up the hill. When I matted it the car took off pretty well hesitated for a moment and then took off like never before!! It felt like a giant had kicked me in the ass! Do you think my car just was in 3rd and the hesitation was it shifting to 2nd? I know my wires are a bit old, but do you think that could be the problem? Is this just something I have never experience before. I know these cars can run but is that what they really should run like? I know at WOT the TPS only goes to 4.36 volts? Should I check to see if the throttle is going to WOT (ie maybe my carpet is preventing me from going into WOT all the time) Are my boost lines bad? If anyone could help me I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks a million!

PS sorry for rambling but I want to have my car pull like that again! haha

go up the same hill again...:D

sounds like you must have a problem you dont know about that acted better on that pull.

sounds like you might be due for a GOOD tune-up and a scan tool to see whats going on.

plugs and wires can be bad and drive fine till under boost then its hard to tell if its missing.

id say to start there and dont be cheap cause it wont work..buy some good wires..the best i have found for these cars are the msd super conductors ..i got mine from summit racing.
1-800-230-3030

and get a set of ac delco plugs # cr43ts be sure to get the cr series not just the r43ts

gap then around .032 and see how it runs then.

even if thats not it you will need then to make it run right in the long run.

Also, check the gnttype.org guide on setting your tps sensor if the carpet isn't the problem. It's relevitely easy to do.

Well I checked to see if the carpet was in the way and it is not. When floored the throttle opens 100% so I am ruling that out. I know not having my fuel pump "hot wired" is not good but could that be the problem that under demand the stock voltage cannot give me enough fuel volume? Any help is appreciated! Thanks again!