Something Diffrent!

PaRaDoX616

Hey, the car isnt a buick car but its sure as hell a buick engine...

soooo what is it? well i live in Australia, down here we have a car manufacturer called Holden (a branch of GM) the car is a 89 Model Calais (top of the range luxary, cruize nice seats etc)

its fitted with a Buick LN3 motor, ( 3800cc v6, i think 88 model )
holden pumped out TONS of these cars, but never released a turbocharged version (the model before was released with a RB30DET as a option or just the standard RB30)

soo what did i do?? well i got sick of the performance of the v6, sure 115 rwkw isnt bad but is it enough??? HELL NO!

soo without anymore talk here it is

P04-01-07_18.jpg

P04-01-07_18-1.jpg

P04-01-07_15.jpg

P04-01-07_13.jpg

P03-26-07_15-1.jpg

P03-26-07_15.jpg

8.jpg

7.jpg

PICT0014.jpg

P02-03-07_19-1.jpg

the turbo conversion was done by me, done alot to the car and it runs 12psi

its got a T04E, 600x300x80 intercooler, external wastegate, 2 bar map sensor, retuned ecu, 570cc injectors, walbro 600hp fuel pump, gready bov...
3" exhust and packs enough power to send you sideways on acceleration

i welded up the manifolds my self as no one makes them over here

Let me be the first to say, NICE JOB:biggrin:

Neat looking car. When are you going to get it on a dyno to see what power you are making now?

Dan

yeah it was a strange era,

we had the old 3.3L carby 202 straight 6, then came 87 when they dumped a RB30 in it, released a turbo version then changed to the LN3 in late 88, then changed the design a bit... released a L67 supercharged car aswell (all of these are RWD) then after that they completely revised the design releasing the ECOTECH, which is the same engine pretty much just diffrent heads, inlet manifold and other things, shorted rods/pistons...

good thing about my engine is, i can import buick parts such as turbo rods, forged pistons for dirt cheap... i want a set of them stage II heads but damn they're expensive, kinda expensive shipping about 40kg heads to another country aswell...have to change inlet manifold then aswell, but most of the internals are the same ive seen some fine examples of this motor in the buicks (lol burnouts on the dyno pulling 1000hp @ wheels)

so far im about no. 13 fastest FI v6 holden in Australia, im gonna build the engine with forgies and crank the boost to 20psi....

the transmission is a Turbo 700, gonna build that soon, its got a shift kit and trans cooler atm sooo its going ok

lol when i get the A/F ratio's close to right.. gotta get a wideband onto it
id list the rest of the things ive done but meh lol.... need to rebuild the trans soon then ill get stuck into the engine then crank the boost right up and maybe add a second charger on the other side and have some crazy 2 wheeler action...

the fastest single turbo Holden is a wagon, it runs 18psi with manifolds he made him self runs 10s

they'res a twin turbo v6 that runs 9.8 thats the fastest one we have here
people are only starting to discover the power potential of this engine as its more fasionable to have a v8 (304i)

as for the nissan powered Holden, the model is called a VL, (mines called a VN)

they're is one with a RB30 running 8s, they'res another one being built just round the corner from my work (i live in melbourne and work for Shell company of Australia head office) its running a T88 with a full custom frame, i think the cars been cut down to around 800kg or something spastic like that.. u see them down the track all teh time (its owned by a performance workshop)

hoping for around 240-280rwkw @ 12psi for all you imperial people thats around 300-350rwhp in a RWD car that weighs a good 1300kg with me in it

ive done stronger valve springs, full seal kit, Race series headgaskets other than that shes a stocker, gotta give the engine credit, they make them strong

the new version of the engine is a full alloy 3.6L v6 with Variable valve timing and all that stuff, makes over 200kw N/A stock

you might see a holden soon, we've started to export our new Holden Commodore SS (you'll know it as a pontiac or something like that

VE_SS_116.jpg