Someone knows this: Where can I find a lighted pass. visor mount/bracket?

turbobuick1

My car is an 87 GN with a lighted passenger sunvisor. It's easy enough to find visor mounts/brackets, but not so easy to find one for a pass. lighted vanity mirror, cuz it has a hole to allow the wire to pass through.

I need one because the visor swings when accelerating and braking.

If anyone knows a part number, maybe has a used one in excellent shape, or has NOS one, I'm interested.

Yes. They carry reproduction hardtop and t-top visor mounts, but do not carry original or reproduction lighted vanity visor mounts.

Well I had sent an email to gbodyparts and this is their response:

I see you have reproduction Sunvisor Brackets for hardtop/t-top cars. Do you have one for a lighted pass. vanity mirror visor? (It has a hole to allow the wire to pass through..) Mine is worn out to where when you accelerate and stop the visor swings forward and backward.

The Passenger side illuminated for a hard top are discontinued.
We normally re-use the original bracket.

Maybe If I call them and nos 4 gn maybe I can find some leads on one.

Try the the junk yard.

:cool: That's where I got my lighted vanity mirror, off of a 87 Regal Limited N/A, it had 150,000 mi and I came to find out that mount was worn out. I will keep an eye out though in the boneyard! Anything is possible to find, just need to wait for the opportunity.

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

It took me a few years to find a decent lighted vanity visor bracket too. Just like yours, my stock one would swing down and back when accelerating. I think Brian @ Gbodyparts had found me the used one I have now, even back then he said he was working on making a reproduction. Keep looking in junk yards or maybe even ebay, good luck.

keep in mind t-top and hardtop use a different bracket for the visor

I feel your pain man. I've been looking for the EXACT same thing for years now...