Some Progress

BoostKing

I have gotten my 86 Grand national running, i am having a few issues with boost level readings. i have tapped my auto-meter boost gauge into the vac/boost line going to the charcoal canister from the vaccuum block. so this should be an accurate boost reading. any way my factory boost guage reads maxed out where the auto meter one is at like 7 lbs boost. which one should i be trusting??

Thanks guys,

John

TTT, I need to know whether this is a good tap point.

Also down here in Tucson we only have 91 oct. even with that being said i still shouldn't be getting an occasionaly 10 degrees of kr should I? especcially on only 7 psi.

Thanks in advance guys,

John

Anything coming off the vacuum block is a good source to tap for a fitting. Used the EGR's vacuum line b/c I dont have EGR anymore. Im gonna go out on a limb and say 10 degrees is bad what computer chip do you run? Timing & boost?

I am running a completely stock setup with the exception of a TA49 turbo with a garrett exhaust housing. With only 7 psi im hoping that that is false knock, or maybe just picking up an exhaust leak or something. the car doesn't feel like its laying over or anything, it pulls fine once boost comes around.

If it is completly stock and a TA49 you are probably seeing real knock. Any way to turn up the fuel psi? You need a TurboTweak Chip. I take it that you have a scan tool of some sort?

I just now started acquiring speed-parts for my new ride. I am looking into chip and injectors at the moment, prolly gonna go with TT. i have a scan master 2.1 it shows between 800 and 850 mv while in boost. the FPR is a stock one, i dont know if there is a way to turn up the fp. maybe i need an afpr.

any suggestions??

john

1 walbro fuel pump w/hotwire kit
2 Adjustable regulator
3 new fuel filter
4 up to date chip -stock chips have high timing from what I hear
Im sure others will chime in with more tips!:D

where in tucson do you live. If you need help with the car me and Boost231 could give you a hand.

I live at broadway and camino seco. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

pm me your phone number, or direct email if thats ok with you.

Thanks