some one explain how this happened?

i asssembled nothing he gave it to me back oil pan to plenum and flex plate to water pump

If everything was assembled by him it warrenty time for not making sure the valve clearence wasn't right. It should be a freebe but the builder may try to screw you. Good luck.

Pull the engine. You have lots of problems. I would find a builder with Turbo Regal experience.

Best thing to do ^^^^^ but its your car & your ca$h !

Both these guys are right. Either do a LOT more reading about building engines so you can tell the builder what exactly is needed or find a better builder. #2 is the best option for you right now.

A true example of "the blind leading the afflicted"....
Almost as much entertainment value as watching congress in action...

Lifters jumping at the wrong time :rolleyes:............Damn Lifters!!!

liv4gnz.......the comment about the lifter's was not directed towards you, but rather these "Ace Mechanic's" that deceive and lie to unknowledgeable people. Too bad they done away with Public Humiliation.............see below.
:smile: :smile: :biggrin: :smile: :smile: ...........serves him right!

800px-Pillory_9105377.jpg

well should i pull it out and have him look it back over for free or bring it some where who is going to charge me a ****load or diss assemble it with some one good with these engines here in my own shop?

Take it to a shop the knows the TB engine well. Have them disassemble it and document what's wrong with pictures. It may be so screwed up it's unrebuildable. If it was build wrong then I would go back to first builder and demand my money back. If he refuses then go to small claims court. There are some very good shops within a 100 miles of you that know the TB engine and can build it right.

the engine guy said the lifteres were sticking and jumping at the wrong time

Probably not exactly what happened.

Triple key timing set, double row, Comp Cams manufactured. The key way in the lower gear was not in the proper corresponding location to the dot on the outer row of teeth on the lower gear. It placed the camshaft about 30 degrees advanced. Amazingly...the engine cranked and ran! It sounded SICK and had tremendous "valvetrain" like noises. Same engine...the head studs were not correct and the washers were not used under the nut, as a result, the gasket was never properly clamped between the block and head. It leaked.

30 degrees is a lot. It would probably run well at 15,000 RPM if you could get it there.

Take it to a shop the knows the TB engine well. Have them disassemble it and document what's wrong with pictures. It may be so screwed up it's unrebuildable. If it was build wrong then I would go back to first builder and demand my money back. If he refuses then go to small claims court. There are some very good shops within a 100 miles of you that know the TB engine and can build it right.

If you’re not going to do the work your self; this is the only way to go. Just from the pictures; you’re not running the stock cam and lifters. You need to start there and see where you lack clearance. Could be; wrong push rods, bigger rocker arms, cam timing, soft valve springs, or too thin a head gasket. Valves are probably bent enough to need replacement. When you start changing parts; you have to measure a lot of stuff.

Good luck-

i asssembled nothing he gave it to me back oil pan to plenum and flex plate to water pump

well should i pull it out and have him look it back over for free or bring it some where who is going to charge me a ****load or diss assemble it with some one good with these engines here in my own shop?

You touched the motor, pulled the intake and heads a few times. Your engine builder will probably void all work done by him.

The motor needs to be pulled. You had antifreeze mixed with the oil and inside the cylinder. If the antifreeze was not removed from the cylinder, the walls are probably pitted. Antifreeze loves bearings.

So............when are buying me that slice????

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

You touched the motor, pulled the intake and heads a few times. Your engine builder will probably void all work done by him.

The motor needs to be pulled. You had antifreeze mixed with the oil and inside the cylinder. If the antifreeze was not removed from the cylinder, the walls are probably pitted. Antifreeze loves bearings.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

+1 You already had your hands in the motor, and now a valve whacks the piston. I doubt anything will be covered, due to you killing the engine.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

whenever you can take a trip down here we can pull some stuff apart under your supervision and be nice to meet some one from here and i will buy you a pie and tell marcello to come cut it up and feed it to you by hand

now if i gave him the motor with the knock sensor on it and not get it back would it be my fault or his fault

whenever you can take a trip down here we can pull some stuff apart under your supervision and be nice to meet some one from here and i will buy you a pie and tell marcello to come cut it up and feed it to you by hand

this was quoted from my post that is 15 minutes old now no he has not come down and htis weekend i dont htink he will either so i guess it will seit for next weekend due to the holiday

now if i gave him the motor with the knock sensor on it and not get it back would it be my fault or his fault

No, its still on you for not checking things before it was installed. If he gave you the engine back with no oil in it, who would be at fault......you for not checking it or him who didnt put any in?

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Anti-freeze isn’t good for cylinder walls and rings; but it’s worse for rods.