Some new"er" pictures of my V2 setup.

looks good man! happy you got the kit all up and running! I'll be tearing up the pavement with my ride when the now melts!

I am still having fuel issues.................like way to much fuel for some reason? And the exhaust elbow is leaking a little so I am going to have to pull that off, might just pull the whole turbo unit off and go over the bolts to make sure it is all sealed up. And right before I put it away the thermostat housing started leaking on me..........it doesnt seal very well to the intake??

I cant make more the 10# of boost right now. And my fuel pressure is set at 32# line off..........anymore then that and it runs like ****!! To much fuel somehow?? So I got some issues to look at in the spring. Sucks I had to put it away like that. But, with the fuel were it is and only get 10# of boost.......I have no knock:confused: And I can hardly keep the tires from spinning......It is a totally different car. Awesome throttle response too. I like getting halfway through the intersection and then mashing the gas pedal and breaking the tires loose all the way through the rest of the intersection. Once my turbo kicks in, the car is all over the road.

Thanks for you replies, Nick

I had the same problem with the coolant leaking at the
t-stat housing and intake. finally made 2 hold downs
to go under the t-stat housing bolts and this
solved the problem for me.

I not sure what you mean by hold downs..........do they connect to something? I never can catch on to things without a detail description......LOL. I have gone through two gaskets and a bunch of red RTV stuff......and still no success....sucks having to ripe the TB off and the intercooler piping to get to it!!!!..was sealed for a couple of weeks the second time then I notice a very small leak going on when I got to my storage unit with it......:(

TIA, Nick

I made a plate with a hole in it that
the bolt goes through. It is shaped to fit
on the flat on top of the t-stat housing and
it wraps around the OD of the housing.
It serves to distribute the clamping force
of the bolts around the sealing surface
of the t-stat housing. Took a while to hack
them out of a piece of scrap about .060"/.100"
thick. Got a buddy with a plasma cutter?
HTH

I got a dremmel tool............see if I cant ruin a blade or two.........thanks for the details on how you did it. Later, Nick

Hey nick. Dont feel bad I'm having problems too. Between the 3 trannies going bad the random misfire and the boost control problems its surprising i'm not bald from pulling my hair out. LOL.
As for the t stat, turbomotion said to use silcone and put a bead on the intake with the stat in it and let it sit for 15 minutes and then fasten the housing to it snugly. Not overtight. It works for me. No leaks.

I used the silicone and let it set overnight and it still
leaked, 2 or 3 times, before I went to the
hold down idea. My guess is that all the welding
on the t-stat housing caused the sealing surface
to be out of flat to varying degrees, depending
on how the welding is done. Some may seal with just
silicone, some may not. Mine would not seal and the hold downs were the solution. Another t-stat housing is not
really feasible and this is one of the weaknesses of Jay's
design. I think his t-stat housing also restricts
waterflow, too. Just IMHO.

I will have to wait until spring to work on it as my storage unit is just to damn cold to go out and work in. Plus the car just fits in there with all my other stuff:D Oh ya no electricty either. I cannot wait for spring to come, damn snow sucks. First thing I thought when I saw the thermostat housing was like oh **** what kinda of water flow do you get with that? The rest of the kit makes up for the thermostat housing problem though!!!:D Hey Trevor, I am happy to see someone else having problems too...........3 trannies......well not happy, but you know;)

Thanks for looking at my pics guys, Nick.