Some knock ?s

Future-GN-Owner,

I was running up to 28 psi with that SMC so it is fine.
The only reason I changed was MPH was getting up there for single and 93.

Does the car have stock motor mounts? If so, does it have a ratchet strap from the alternator to the frame?

If not it could be your downpipe tagging the a-arm. Pretty common issue that would cause a reading of 30+

Definitely sounds like false knock.

I assume they are the stock mounts and yes it has a ratchet strap and its nice and tight. Pretty sure its false knock. Just plugged ECM wire back in and gonna go for a drive and see if there are any changes. Matt

Future-GN-Owner,

I was running up to 28 psi with that SMC so it is fine.
The only reason I changed was MPH was getting up there for single and 93.

Hey Ronnie I know the alky is working 100% it was the old setup that was the problem. I have been enjoying your alky kit ALOT :biggrin: I just want to make sure there are not any problems before I start turning up the boost on this beast. Thanks again for the deal. Matt

I assume they are the stock mounts and yes it has a ratchet strap and its nice and tight. Pretty sure its false knock. Just plugged ECM wire back in and gonna go for a drive and see if there are any changes. Matt

Look at the DP and see if it is sitting on the frame, make sure there are no obvious signs of it banging something.

Make sure the rest of the exhaust is clear too. I had that same issue and it ended up being a tail pipe nailing one of the coils on hard launches.

Just took the GN out for a test run and WOW it real seems to have woken up. I went WOT with only .9* of knock and that was at a shift and the 02 was .779. The second time I decided to go WOT from a 5mph roll which almost always gave me high reading and on the recall it was .2 and O2 was .790 (I could not watch the Scanmaster because I was trying not to lose control of the car HOLY CRAP). It did register 38.xx once while I was out driving but it was when I let off the gas at WOT. I just want to thanks everyone that chimed in you are a great bunch of guys and this site is a def helper. Now its time to turn up the boost once I get the new TT chip. Thanks Matt

Sorry one more question. What is the optimum O2 number I want to see when running with the alky. Before I was usually around .820-.830 and now it seems about .770-.790ish. I know lean is mean but I dont want to hurt anything. IIRC the instructions said never to go below .720 Thanks again. Matt

Sorry one more question. What is the optimum O2 number I want to see when running with the alky. Before I was usually around .820-.830 and now it seems about .770-.790ish. I know lean is mean but I dont want to hurt anything. IIRC the instructions said never to go below .720 Thanks again. Matt

Glad you got it working. :cool:
0.820-830 is RICH!
From comparing lots of logs between NB and WB, I would say shoot for 780-790.
As you incresae boost, you spray mopre alky, so you try to get into the high 790's. (WATCH FOR KR!)
Hard to say without a real O2 sensor, AKA WB (hint ;) )

AKA WB (hint )

I know it seems like ya just keep throwing $ at it. but a
WB is a smart option. And so is the power logger.
Your sig shows some nice upgrades. These 2 will help keep them healthy......:biggrin: For now make small corrections and write down everything .

Glad you got it working. :cool:
0.820-830 is RICH!
From comparing lots of logs between NB and WB, I would say shoot for 780-790.
As you incresae boost, you spray mopre alky, so you try to get into the high 790's. (WATCH FOR KR!)
Hard to say without a real O2 sensor, AKA WB (hint ;) )

Well I have a Autometer Pro Comp Wideband setup I was going to throw in the Lightning but I decided I want a Phantom series to match the gauges I currently have so maybe I will throw it in the GN. It wont match those gauges either but atleast its something.

Sounds like you're on the right track. Like already said, you really need something better than the Scanmaster to log data with.

Pick up a Powerlogger, you can even hook your wideband up to it. You also get the bonus if you buy it right now of getting the upgrade kit for your Scanmaster so it can read 5fps (pulling that number off the top of my head, I know it's faster than "stock") making it a bit more useful.

You won't regret it.

This Powerlogger seems like a doable upgrade but what exactly does it do? I see it works with the Scanmaster but does it mount to it or in it or something. The picture kinda looks like a computer chip with a USB port and I know it can be hooked up to a laptop for data logging. This might be my next mod once I learn more about it. Matt Okay did a little more research and it looks like it would do datalogs to a laptop basically like my SCT Xcal3 I use with my Lightning. Guess I would have to learn how to read the datalogs

It's easy to use. Hooking a wideband or boost source up to it is a cake walk as well.

:)