SOLD

I love these title conversations, who the heck drives a title? or takes a title to the car show? or creates memories with their kids with a title? Can't remember the last time i looked at any of my titles.
On the other hand for the guy looking to resell the car that is a different story.
BTW "the car has already been paid for so now it's worth less" is total BS.
Compare the car to other cars and that is what it's worth. deduct $100.00 for title blemish.

I would agree with most of your points, a couple things to add though, a salvage title does affect the ability to finance the car if need be, it can also affect insurance coverage values. I only add these two things because I have checked into them for other cars in the past that I was looking to buy.

The last guy that bought it had it financed. The bank called him and said, "hey, you know it's a salvage title are you ok with that"?

Everybody nowadays wants to be a Richard Rawlins too. If I buy this car I want to be able to flip it and make 5k. Of course some guys like to cover their bets too. If they lose a job, get divorced or something like that you know. They want money back out of the car quick. This car is for the guy that plans on keeping it and enjoying it as stated above. Cars in this condition sell for high 20's. Some guys would rather drive a car not nearly as nice because it was never stolen. That's the part I find strange. True story, when he bought this car I offered a trade for mine. We were thinking about taking all of the extras off of my car and putting them on this one. He hated the idea of the car having a salvage title. The car was so much nicer than mine I didn't give a crap. In the end I decided it was just too much damn work to do everything 2 more times.

I would agree with most of your points, a couple things to add though, a salvage title does affect the ability to finance the car if need be, it can also affect insurance coverage values. I only add these two things because I have checked into them for other cars in the past that I was looking to buy.
Great points that i overlooked-- I would never finance a hobby and hagerty told me that as long as the car passes their inspection i can get full actual car value coverage.

I love these title conversations, who the heck drives a title? or takes a title to the car show? or creates memories with their kids with a title? Can't remember the last time i looked at any of my titles.
On the other hand for the guy looking to resell the car that is a different story.
BTW "the car has already been paid for so now it's worth less" is total BS.
Compare the car to other cars and that is what it's worth. deduct $100.00 for title blemish.

The answer is right in front of you. This thread is full of questions about the title. It comes with the territory. If someone were to try and sell it at a later date, they are going to go through the same thing you see right here...a bunch of questions. I myself am back in the market. If this car had a clean title, I would be all over it in a split second. However, call me anal but my car has to have a clean title. That is the difference of me buying it to me not buying it. Even if the car was only $15,000 I wouldn't buy it but at that point I am sure some would. I'm not the only one that feels this way either. Any car with a salvage title ALWAYS goes cheaper. This is fact and not opinion. You make valid points but to me it's a lot more than just a piece of paper and definitely more than a $100 headache...IMHO

The answer is right in front of you. This thread is full of questions about the title. It comes with the territory. If someone were to try and sell it at a later date, they are going to go through the same thing you see right here...a bunch of questions. I myself am back in the market. If this car had a clean title, I would be all over it in a split second. However, call me anal but my car has to have a clean title. That is the difference of me buying it to me not buying it. Even if the car was only $15,000 I wouldn't buy it but at that point I am sure some would. I'm not the only one that feels this way either. Any car with a salvage title ALWAYS goes cheaper. This is fact and not opinion. You make valid points but to me it's a lot more than just a piece of paper and definitely more than a $100 headache...IMHO
it's all in the wording
It's a clear and ready to go title just happens to a salvage title.

but i get what you guys are saying.

I've had a couple GNs that I have used for daily drivers over the last 15 years. If you can handle the maintenance that these cars require, buy it an drive the wheels off it. You'll have many many great days driving it. If, not, maybe go buy a Kia for the same money and see how that makes you feel :)