*SOLD* Buick GN..Big Turbo, Simmons wheels..

Status
Not open for further replies.

FastB

Selling my 1985 Buick Grand National that has had a ’87 Intercooled swap…it’s no longer a “hot air car”…below are details of the build.

1 of only 2,102 Produced
Engine:
Ported stock heads
New valves and Springs
RJC Headgaskets
Head Studs
PT 70 turbo with a P-Trim Wheel
Ford power Stroke intercooler
LS1 Mass Air Flow Sensor
RJC Power Plate
4" Big Mouth Cold Air Intake
Razor's Alky Injection
Keith Mease 3" down pipe
3" ATR single shot exhaust with cut out (has a new Magnaflow muffler..couldn’t stand the drone)
TA performance headers
Power Logger data logger
LC-1 Wide Band
Turbo Tweak Chip
65lb/hr Injectors

Transmission:
Freshly rebuilt by Jimmy’s (built to handle 800hp)
Vigilante 9" lock up 3000 to 3400 rpm

Rear end:
Eaton Posi
Moser axles
New bearings and gears - stock 3.42 ratio
TA Performance Rear Cover

Chassis/suspension/Body:
6 point roll cage
Metco rear suspension
Bilstein Shocks
Rear Air Bags
Body braces
5 under hood braces
Rear seat braces
Corvette Z06 Front brakes w/ Line lock
SIMMONS 17in wheels
BFG tires with only 600 mile on them
PST suspension bushings in the front end
Front lowering springs
Corbeau seats
Corbeau 5 point harnesses
Fiberglass front and rear bumpers
This car is really fast and has a ton of documentation and a gigantic barrel of alky that goes with it. Has all the desirable bolt on’s and mechanically perfect. The only down side is the paint is not great…not horrible, just not great…has some dings. Had paint done back in 2005 and could stand to be freshened up..it’s the only repaint. Car has ZERO rust and you can eat off the underside…also has never been wrecked. It does have a ’87 grille and new headlight bezels and tinted lens. NOTE: the previous owner removed the heat and AC…my next project on the car was to install a Classic Air system which runs about $1K.
I’ve never raced this car at the track…the previous owner ran a best of 11.41 in the quarter with slicks on a smaller turbo. It’s built to run 10.90’s and can spin the tires at 60mph on street tires. If you’re looking for a stock GN this isn’t the car for you…if you’re looking for a show car then the car will need some new paint…but, it was built to be a street fighter. In the documentation there are time slips showing the improvements as mods were made. Emails of when engine and trans was bought, parts receipts, and research done on the build.
I’m looking to get 15K as is…if later it doesn’t sell for that price I might go less by removing the Simmons wheels and installing cheaper wheels. The Simmons with zero imperfections and brand new tires are going for 3-4K. There was $30K spent on the drive train and suspension alone.
Not desperate to sale…just looking to see if any interest. Car is currently in Arkansas.
I work a lot so best way to communicate is PM or email to rickcarterrac2@aol.com

Last edited:
New window tint (20%)
New wiper motor, wiper stalk
New Pioneer head unit with HD radio and new kicker speakers all around
New carpet kit in trunk
Oil catch can

Also, the cruise control isn't hooked up...I've never tried to get it working again, but I'm sure it's possible.

Think you might be understating the potential of this car. Almost identical set up as my car, only difference being the cam, mine ran 10.40 @132 on pump gas and alky. GLWS

I prolly am...I know it's never seen tail lights around here. I've driven fast cars and have a couple, but this is the only car that scares the s*it out of me everytime I drive it...HAHA!

That sounds like a great deal. Wish I had the means at this time.

This should go quick.

D

I really like the cage design! Too bad it doesn't meet nhra/ihra specifications. Good looking car and glws!

It's not a "race car"...but it's a very nice 6 point bar welded to the frame to add safety...even tho this car can hang with some real race cars that wasn't its purpose.

It's a real nice car and and definitely worth the asking price. I wasn't trying to come across as a jerk in my last post.

Status
Not open for further replies.