SOB... first gremlin found

Wld87GN

Okay, what is this switch?

887314_10151495188877417_1033035650_o.jpg

and why do I have to hold that little gray button in to make the brake lights go out?

This car has so many wires under teh dash it's crazy. There is a whole harness of wires with spade connectors that are open ended... no idea what they go to.

Okay, I know its a brake light switch, just not sure what I did or where it goes?

Check out my post on installing vacuum brakes I have a picture of it in place. you slide into a metal one-way sort of clip with a round hole in it in the brake pedal bracket assembly. You must have pulled it out somehow with your foot? odd you got it out without it breaking, mine snapped when I was trying to pull my pedal out for the swap.
You just slide it into the clip. If you look on your brake pedal you will likely see where the grey plunger hit the pedal, you slide it in enough that the plunger is pressed in all the way with no foot on the brakes.

Good luck,
Joel

Check out my post on installing vacuum brakes I have a picture of it in place. you slide into a metal one-way sort of clip with a round hole in it in the brake pedal bracket assembly. You must have pulled it out somehow with your foot? odd you got it out without it breaking, mine snapped when I was trying to pull my pedal out for the swap.
You just slide it into the clip. If you look on your brake pedal you will likely see where the grey plunger hit the pedal, you slide it in enough that the plunger is pressed in all the way with no foot on the brakes.

Good luck,
Joel

Awesome... I have no idea what I did I was just trying to chase a few rogue wires and an entire harness that not inly ends up to nothing under the dash but runs into the engine compartment (has nothing to do with stereo).

Oh what the hell, that was easy, but I notice that the switch does not "set" in very far... it works so screw it.

Oh what the hell, that was easy, but I notice that the switch does not "set" in very far... it works so screw it.

it only has to set in far enough for the brake pedal to push the button to shut the brake lights off..