So what did you add to your TR over the winter?

blackbuick87

Lets see I did the following:

Installed new steel head gaskets

Installed a pair of under the frame front braces (boy do they make the car feel different)

Ported the turbo exhaust elbow

Installed a set of 36# injectors and a Thrasher 97 chip

Installed a new set of T-Top seals on the passenger and drivers side

I have yet to put in my oil pressure gauge and water temp gauge

I have a shift kit sitting here from Bruce I am scared to install

I think thats about it. How about you guys

A car cover :(

Actually bought some hueffman stuff to make my drab gn look they way it should have looked from the factory.

Lets see,

What I installed.

Cottons FM

Seimens 83s

BB T-70 Q-trim (hasn't come in yet)

Cometic headgaskets (.040)

Clevite bearings (MS 960P mains, CB 1398H rods)

Studs for the rocker shafts and headers

Stage 2 CK tranny (hasn't come in yet)

TA rear cover and cap studs

That's enough for one winter, maybe now I'll leave it alone.
:D

Originally posted by blackbuick87
Lets see I did the following:

Ported the turbo exhaust elbow

I have a shift kit sitting here from Bruce I am scared to install

I think thats about it. How about you guys

I did a couple of elbows also. My son helped me with the shift kit the last winter, it's not too bad. Here are some common questions I asked during the install:
PTS shift kit install

I tried to start at thread about winter projects too, I hope this one picks up more than mine:D
Winter project thread that died

I did a rebuild on the front suspension of my GN and painted everything with the POR 15

dont really have a winter down here, but i just redid my entire front end, with PST bushings, and 3 way adj drag shocks....i am pleased with the results...i also added a billet shifter handle....more hueffman stuff to follow...

dan

Repost from the dead thread. ;)

Man... where do I start?

Replaced DS Fender - Dent
Added GNX Fender Flares
Sent Hood and Trunk Lid out for molds for 'Glass Replacements (should be here in a week)
Custom FMIC Install

Parts waiting to go in (once school is outta the way):
Pro-Pain Injection
Variable Timing Chip for Pro-Pain (JayC should have it soon)
VDO Tach & EGT
Aluminum Rad
17x9.5" Wheels & 275/40/17 Kumho 712s (ordered today)
36mm Swaybar
Volt Booster
Bleeder Valve

Prolly some more stuff that I have since forgotten about... I'll trip over the parts later. ;)

lets see i also did some huffemen goodies (interior). cleaned the intercooler port and polished both necks . made a cold air intake out of 3 in mandrel bent stainless .

Didn't add anything to the GN but added the GN to my 2 car garage at the new house! Haven't driven it since I moved it here back in mid January.

Re: Re: So what did you add to your TR over the winter?

Originally posted by tim87tr
My son helped me with the shift kit the last winter, it's not too bad. Here are some common questions I asked during the install:
PTS shift kit install

Well mostly I am afraid because my tranny is not shifting that great, and I fear the shift kit will take it to an even earlier grave, and I cant get a new tranny until I get a job:(

new doors, paint, weather seals, tail lights, front air dams, ATR cold air kit, AFPR (not in yet), Lakewood driveshaft loop, Kenwood door speakers, 2.5" Magnaflow mufflers, Hooker 3" tips, rear brakes and aluminum drums, Bilsteins....I think that's it.

Walbro 340 and wire kit, Eaton posi unit, boost, oil psi, water temp gauges to come this spring/early summer

Here it goes....
I had my tc restalled to 3500
Had my interior cleaned
Installed Hurst Lightning Rod Shifter
Installed Ls1 translator, Zo6 mafs
Installed Big mouth air kit
Rewired both fuel pumps with hotwire kit
Put pins and bushings in driverside door
Whats next...
Lowering springs and shocks
18x81/2 rims
rollcage
paint job

GTA wheels on Dayton ZR 245's all around...2 Coats of Zaino...think thats bout it kinda just sat there for lil while...IDK after taking a ride in Kaminskis latest project I want a TTA...

Got but haven't installed yet;
Energy suspension body bushings and motor mounts
Valve springs 980's
SMC alchy kit on the way

Tarey D.

Replaced the carpet with a mint 12,000 mile carpet from GNX guy
Put in a 5" monster tach w/ shift light
Bought New Gm sill plates and emblems ( I have an extra set of brand new body by fisher emblems if anyone want them)
Bought new GM Power window motors
New GM radiator over flow tank, and washer fluid tank.
Got some misc trim parts from e-bay
Bought spome front frame braces
Optima Red Top Batt ( got 2, one for the Regal, and one for the Tahoe, got them for $99 each at Advance Auto Parts, best deal I could find)

I still have to install most of this stuff, I cant wait, I'll be moving the car to me new 3 stall garage house this weekend.

I took a lot of stuff apart... and decided to go on vacation and make my cousin put it back together.

Alky injection,
lots of transmission work,
filter, wax, scanmaster, turnsignal covers, new PCV valve, and fixed a T-top leak.

James