So much for selling my firebird :(

Rogue Leader

Eat my valvestem caps!!!!
http://iris.nyit.edu/~tlomino/fbirdcrashed1.jpg

http://iris.nyit.edu/~tlomino/fbirdcrashed2.jpg

http://iris.nyit.edu/~tlomino/fbirdcrashed3.jpg

Some typical long island meathead (driving on a suspended license) blew a light and took me out... Yes Im ok, but the car is definitely gonna be totaled. I had a buyer for it too at $3000 as soon as I picked up my new car ... DAMN!! !! Already called it into his insurance(Allstate) and mine (GEICO) to fight him to get 100% even though I'm probably not gonna get it, GEICO Is going to deny his claim completely though shoud he even try, although his jeep was barely damged at all(small scratch and crease in the rocker, his tire did all my damage). He has Allstate which means Im screwed cause they are the cheapest jerks, I know from many dealings with them...

Possibly seling parts off it if its worth buying back after totaled.

GRRR JERK!!!! :mad:

Damn dude! I am sorry to hear about the car. Glad you are ok.
I would demand that they either repair the car OR pay replacement value (for New York area). There is no reason why you should have to take the loss because of some other jerk and make sure you explain that to the other insurance company representative. Stand your ground!

Be glad you are ok & it wasn't your TTA.

Why would his company cover him if his lic is suspended?

Don't you have what they call UNINSURED motorist protection?

The route of making him pay could take you years.. Courts could make him pay you $25 a week if they want.

Your insurance company still covers you if your license is suspended... of course they might drop him now... (after they pay me) I hope!!

In NY UIM only covers your injuries if youre hit by an uninsured motorist... I dont have collision on this car either.

I Work for GEICO so it wont be a problem having my company get on his companies ass about it... and I also told GEICO that I dont want them to pay anything if he tries to claim.. I will go to court if they want.

I do plan to fight this to the end... I got allllll summer lol

I forgot about collision.

I keep collision on the daily drivers & the GN

They daily drivers are my most important cars to me cause they are the workhoarses of the family. Need to have them functional 24 x 7. I put as much coverage as I can.

Hope his insurance company pays for you so you don't have to go to court.

Ya being 22 with 2 cars I cant afford it... plus for the amount Id pay for it on this car It wouldnt be worth it... its a 91 Bird with 169,800 miles. I'll pay more per year in collision than the car is worth....

Originally posted by blackbuick87
So you decided to keep the TTA then? Good deal. Sorry to hear that Heep driver took you out

Oh... nope the TTA is still being sold... now Im just gonna have to mooch off the family till I get my replacement car... My plan was, sell the TTA, get the new car, sell the firebird... Word got out that I was selling the bird and I had a bunch of offers (this car really was MINT), so I had my sisters friend (he was first) lined up to buy it as soon as I get my new car (very likely a 97 WS6 TA),

So what's all junk? the nose, absorber bar, hood..? the fenders look ok from the pics but i cant tell. You could just find a junk 91-92 firebird, but w/ the front in tact an stick that on there...good as new right?

naa the front/fenders are all shifted, it would need some time on a frame machine... needs teh fenders re-aligned... dont forget ACV on this car is like $2500 sooo it would be totaled by the insurance... i was getting rid of it anyway soo im not gonna bother... not worth it at all.

Glad you are OK....I thought of your TTA when I read the headline too ;)

Good luck on your insurance dealings.

I think you should suddenly develop a sore neck or back once they start giving you trouble. Let them know you are willing to sign a full and final release of all claims if they settle your property damage claim. If they fight it you can always get a lawyer to make a bodily injury claim to make up for the money you lose on the property damage claim.

By the way I also work for an insurance company and see this stuff all the time.

tscott Just a question for ya?

Why do insurance companies fight tooth & nail not to pay damage thus forcing people to go the injury route?

My wife got hit on route 3 in mass from behind in a construction zone while pregnant. Commerce insurance (which I left ASAP)
was the pits at paying us for car damage.
The route of injury took acatually 2 years to settle. I don't think R leader has this amount oftime to wait

First of all I don't actually handle these kinds of claims.

But, trust me when I say they don't fight tooth and nail, I see so much money thrown out the door on claims that shouldn't be paid. I think the problem is there is so much fraud in insurance the companies slow things down to weed out some of the potential fraudulent claims.

Another problem, some people have a distorted view of what their car or claims are really worth. In a previous job where I did handle claims I had a guy with a 1979 Ford Fairmont with over 200K miles claim his car was worth $6500. Clearly it wasn't. Should I pay him $6500 to settle the claim quicker? Then pass on the costs to the other insureds? I offered him the $500 it was worth and he didn't call me back for 6 months to accept it. He is telling people we screwed him I am sure but were we really? You think that car is worth $6500? This is just one of many examples. Most people think the insurance companies are the ticket to a big pay day.

Injury claims take a long time because the injured person needs to finish their treatment so the insurance company can get a realistic idea of what the claim is worth. Keep in mind too, the insurance company can't settle a claim until they have received a demand from the attorney involved. If the atty doesn't ask for money for 2 years how can the insurance company settle it sooner.

I wasn't implying he should go thru 2 years of making a claim. ONLY imply it to encourage the insurance company to speed up and make a fair offer to settle his damage claim. Those pics won't look good in front of a jury and ALLState knows it.

People who like to blame the insurance companies for being cheap and fighting every claim usually have no idea how the system works or they are just impossible to please. I had an accident and have Commerce Insurance. I had an appraiser out to my car the next day, my car was fixed perfectly and they didn't give me a problem getting my rental either. I have Commerce for my cars and I don't even work there, I work for a competitor.

I took pics of the accident location and Im headed to the police precint now to get the accident report... I also timed the traffic light its a full TWO SECONDS before it turns green, now unless allstate thinks (and can prove) im some kind of retard that would pull up into trafffic before the light changes they have no case... my company knows it too... Plus the speed limit was 20 mph in that area... he was going about 30 or so.