so its not worth anything what you guys think

drbyctywerewolf

I have tried to give my little 80 turbo monte a good home but seems no one is interested or its not worth anything. I figured it being a turbo car it was worth something. So now I am faced with the decision what to do. Keep trying to sell it or gut it an drag it with a v8? It would be cheaper to run my v8 than try an get that year turbo up to power. Right?

Right now there's not much of a market for the early cars, I'm sorry to say. If you can hang on for a while the market should come back but for now just enjoy it for what it is. If you were close to me I'd be more than willing to help you but I don't know where you're located because you haven't added the info to your user controls.

I think it's always funny how poeple say they are "giving away" their cars. Most of the time these same people are asking twice as much as the current market.

If yu were really giving it away, you wouldnt have it anymore.

I am in the louisville ky area about 30 miles north. An I never said I was giving it away just a new home, but instead I believe it will be getting a new life. I bought another rearend for it witha 456 gear last night. Whats red line on these engines?

I know there's pics on T6P somewhere, But here are some here. there were 1250 made and not many left...........Still only worth @ $500......good thing its not about, what its worth. 3.8 HO stock, soon to be hot air turbo:tongue:

and a you tube YouTube - ‪quick start on an 86 GS‬‎

Attachments

• 86gsfront1.jpg
    86gsfront1.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 246
  • 86gsrear2.jpg
    86gsrear2.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 244
  • 86gsint1.jpg
    86gsint1.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 247
  • DSC00137.jpg
    DSC00137.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 247
  • DSC00138.jpg
    DSC00138.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 251
I know there's pics on T6P somewhere, But here are some here. there were 1250 made and not many left...........Still only worth @ $500......good thing its not about, what its worth. 3.8 HO stock, soon to be hot air turbo:tongue:

and a you tube YouTube - ‪quick start on an 86 GS‬‎

Brent; why dont ya join A-Body.net if you've not already joined? its nto exactly a HO 3.8; but rather a roller lifter 3.8 LG3 v6 with the 150hp and 200 torque...turbokinetic bought a GS recently, to add to his fleet of A-bodies, 3 which have turbochargers, 2 with the 3.8L engines (turbo'd ofc), none of them i think are hot airs.

I am in the louisville ky area about 30 miles north. An I never said I was giving it away just a new home, but instead I believe it will be getting a new life. I bought another rearend for it witha 456 gear last night. Whats red line on these engines?

If your going to use those gears, slap a sbc in it and don't get into turbo cars. Most people run the stock 3.42 gears going into the nines with the TB.

Brent; why dont ya join A-Body.net if you've not already joined? its nto exactly a HO 3.8; but rather a roller lifter 3.8 LG3 v6 with the 150hp and 200 torque...turbokinetic bought a GS recently, to add to his fleet of A-bodies, 3 which have turbochargers, 2 with the 3.8L engines (turbo'd ofc), none of them i think are hot airs.

If someone wants to sell that Century for $500,I'd grab it up in a second.

I'd like to see how that Cent GS turns out after turbokinetic works his magic with it. I offered to take it off his hands once he's done.

A-body.net. I haven't been active in that Group in a while now. Perhaps you remember me over there. ? Been slacking in the rarefwdgmabody-yahoo group too. Will be meeting with Mitch,it's founder and J,g-d-electric this weekend for a j/y crawl in PA.

Steve from Albany,NY 4 A-bodies and a recent '87 GN purchase. I feel like a new-b over here.