so how many GTO owners on here? 04-06

NICKG

i notice alot of the same names on ls1gto as here, popular car for of former or current GN owners i see.
Looking into getting an 06 in a few months, they seem to have dropped like lead in the used markets. I am thinking m6 over the a4, but the a4 seems to be a quicker car.
lets see some pics! post em if you go tem!

I wish I had one. they are really cool rides and they seem to react to simple mods nicely. Is the new Camaro based on the GTO chassis? I heard that from someone.

They are heavy. Up over 3800 lbs but they are also very well built. I've heard them compared to BMW in build quality more than once. A very nice driving car. If you haven't driven one, you need to before passing judgement. I'm waiting for the prices to drop when the new Camaro comes out. I think alot of the GTO owners will opt for the lighter car and trade. In spite of the weight, I think the GTO is a better car in the long haul.

Top Gun has DLS engine building him a "replacement" LSX motor for his brazen goat, he plans on putting on a twin turbo kit from Full Throttle. Pretty nice car, we had some fun out on Gratiot before the weather turned bad up here.

gto1du6.jpg

I like mine I have the CNC L92 heads and a custom cam ready to go on as soon as it warms up a bit.
Mike

The prices of used goats dropped like rocks while there were still some new ones on the lots. I got my 06/m6 in Sept '07 for $23.5k. I could probably still sell it for that much. The supply is gone now, so the values are holding pretty steady. They are heavy, but look at the weight of similar cars. I think the M3 is pretty close. The build quality and interior is awesome. The GTO is just a really nice car. I have my 3400 lb bruiser ('87 GN), so I'd rather have the extra weight of the GTO over a 3500 lb camaro. I like the GTO's interior better than most BMW and Mercedes that I've been in.

Attachments

• GTO-at-house-b.jpg
    GTO-at-house-b.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 253
Top Gun has DLS engine building him a "replacement" LSX motor for his brazen goat, he plans on putting on a twin turbo kit from Full Throttle. Pretty nice car, we had some fun out on Gratiot before the weather turned bad up here.

gto1du6.jpg

That is a SHARP car:cool:

i had a blac/black 04 M6 when new. I WILL be getting another hopefully this
year. Although im looking to get a lightly wrecked one to fix.
I also agree, you have to drive one to appreciate it. It is definately not a drag car, but it is one of the best all around street cars you could ever imagine owning. I ran 11.85@121 on the stock tires :) with headers, exhaust, 224 cam, and 100 shot. with a set of dragradials i really think i could have gotten into the 11.2 area. didnt spray until 5000 in 2nd
Gary

I've got one as a daily driver. It's an '04 I bought NEW in '05 for $23K. It's a heads / cam car right now. With a pretty small cam it puts down 375-380 RWHP thru an automatic which keeps me from getting bored. As stated above the auto's are quicker and the cars are heavy. Mine weighed in at 3700# with 1/2 tank of gas and no driver. My next upgrade will be this:

APS Intercooled Twin Turbo Pontiac GTO/Holden Monaro - LS1 & LS2 Engines

I have the kit now all I need is the time and motivation to install it. :biggrin:

Neal

Bought an 04 Cosmos Purple A4 brand new. Put in a very mild cam/converter and went 12.24@112. Car bored me, never needed any work. I got rid of it back to stock(almost, lost the stock cam and threw in a LS6 cam I had laying around) with 6k on the clock.

I've got one as a daily driver. It's an '04 I bought NEW in '05 for $23K. It's a heads / cam car right now. With a pretty small cam it puts down 375-380 RWHP thru an automatic which keeps me from getting bored. As stated above the auto's are quicker and the cars are heavy. Mine weighed in at 3700# with 1/2 tank of gas and no driver. My next upgrade will be this:

APS Intercooled Twin Turbo Pontiac GTO/Holden Monaro - LS1 & LS2 Engines

I have the kit now all I need is the time and motivation to install it. :biggrin:

Neal

Wonder how fast in the 1/4 would it have gone without the spray?

And how much that turbo kit run you? Is that designed especially for GTO's?

I agree that the new Goats have an awesome interior. They are mean performers. I am still trying to warm up to the exterior styling. It's not awful but just doesn't scream muscle car.

The exterior is somewhat generic I agree. Keep in mind there wasn't much difference between a '65 GTO and a '65 Tempest, Buick Skylark or Olds Cutlass either.

Neal

I agree that the new Goats have an awesome interior. They are mean performers. I am still trying to warm up to the exterior styling. It's not awful but just doesn't scream muscle car.

Stealth is in. The cops never notice my Quicksilver '04 GTO. I't the perfect undercover freeway flyer.

Neal

Nick you still up in the Franklin/Hamburg area? I just started lurking here again after a long time and looked you up.