snowblower opinions....lawnmower opinions?

NICKG

well i need to get a new snow blower and lawnmower, looking at the honda track model hs724ta and for the mower a hr216(at home depot) how are these and will they last? let me know so i can decide what to buy....these are both expensive compared to the other brands, but i only want to buy it once and have it a long time

I have a track model Honda at work. Very heavy machine. It will pretty much go thru anything but the downside of it is the fact that it is hard to manuever. You get a real workout using it if you have to do a lot of turning with it.

At home I have a Toro Snow Commander, the top of the line 2-stroke model. Really like it, easy to manuever and never clogged on me last year.

For a mower, I picked up a TroyBilt self propelled mower from Lowes. Happy with it, it mulches or you can bag the clipping too. All depends on how big a lawn you have, maybe you might need a tractor?

I'll put in a second vote for the Snow Commander. We received a fairly normal amount of Minnesota snow last year and it ate it all. Normally I just keep going and do the neighors on both sides as well. It is a single stage with plenty of power. It chews right through the "hump" left by the snow plow. I live on a corner and there is a long space to clear out for the "Handi-man" ramp sidewalk. A single stage cleans the surface better than a two stage. This will be the third year on it.

I have an older, don't know how old, Honda which was handed down from my Brother-in-law because it wouldn't start. Rebuilt the carb and it has started first pull for four years. Like I said, I don't know how old this thing is, but it runs like a champ and doesn't use any oil over the entire summer.