SMOKED by another T

KillrV6

Former owner
i was at the track runing the 87 limited. it was a nice cold night.
there were quite a few TR's there from the club (nor cal turbo buick) and all night long we were runing 14, 13, 12, 11, 10, 9, and even a few 8 :)

i had diped into the 13.7 range on 15 psi, so i was satisfied. my friend wanted to ride with me down the track once so i said sure what the heck. i pull up to the line with him next to me and see that my oponet is a dark blue 86 T with slicks. im thinkin "oh no he is gonna run 10's or somthing and smoke my ass". cool! so we line up and i dont bother to do a burnout (street tires). the guy next to me in the other T does a tremendous burnout. his turbo was REALLY loud. RED, YELLOW, YELLOW and before i even thought about leaving, i look over and see the car next to me lift its wheels 3 feet off the ground and before im even at the 1/8 he is finishing!!!!!!!! "HOLEY CRAP! THAT WAS THE COOLEST THING I EVER SEEEEEN!" i said to my friend as we were slowly making our way down the track to a nice sleepy 14.1. i get to the time shack and see the guy next to me ran 8.6 at like 150 or somthing. after i found out it was brian burnsides single turbo stage II car!

that was the first time i had seen a turbo buick faster than 11's up close and personal. amazing!
im glad i got smoked by one of our own! it was an honer!
:eek:

That sounds like what happened to me at Reynolds. I had the honor of being in the other lane when Cal Hartline ripped off his 8.68 @ 159 Talk about an eye-opening experience...:eek: You don't realize how fast his car is until you make a pass with him in the other lane....lights come down and he disappears into the sunset...:D :D Maybe one of these days I'll win the lottery so I can have a car that fast...:cool: