Smoke Machine

Morden

Does anyone know of a place close to Charleston SC that I can get my car smoke tested.
Maybe someone has one I could rent for a day or two?
Thanks for any help

Or you could get a good boost gauge that shows vacuum. There aren't many places for leaks. Pretty easy to check.

Heck, a can of carb cleaner does the trick.

Smoke machines are primarily for evap systems.

Or you could get a good boost gauge that shows vacuum. There aren't many places for leaks. Pretty easy to check.

Heck, a can of carb cleaner does the trick.

Smoke machines are primarily for evap systems.

I actually had my car "smoked" and it did find some leaks.

I don't disagree with using one. I'm still a little fuzzy on how they work.

I don't disagree with using one. I'm still a little fuzzy on how they work.

With your haircut you're more than a little fuzzy Dan.:biggrin: LOL

A smoke machine will hep to find leaks in the vac lines. You need to have some one that is used to looking for them though.:smile:

Thanks for the replies

I'm getting ready to take the engine apart because of a lifter (comp 853)
and have had high BLM problems (started at 160 when I bought the car got them to 134 now there at 140 again?) So before I take her apart I thought I would have a smoke test done to try and answer some of the mystery.

Thanks again

Finding exhuast and vacuum leaks

blower/vac in up pipe, wire throttle open, spray with soapy water, you will find every vacuum leak, will also work on exhaust leaks, rubber glove and hose over one tailpipe blower in other tailpipe will pressurize exhaust all the way to head, soapy water will find exhaust leaks.

blower/vac in up pipe, wire throttle open, spray with soapy water, you will find every vacuum leak, will also work on exhaust leaks, rubber glove and hose over one tailpipe blower in other tailpipe will pressurize exhaust all the way to head, soapy water will find exhaust leaks.

hmmmm.... nice! :)

oh... and on topic, according to my local podunk stealer, GM stealerships are req'd to have a smoker.... ours does.... :rolleyes::)