Smoke from DP area?

xxfastangxx

My car is making a lot of smoke from the dp/turbo area. Also, its not building boost. It falls on its face and sounds like the car is struggling to keep running when I give it more gas. I double checked all my hoses, and none are loose. I also took off the intake pipe and the turbo blade seems to be fine and has no shaft play.

If I leave the hood open with the car running I literally get dizzy from all the carbon monoxide.

Thanks.

do you have any carbon on anything around the header to turbo or turbo to dp. I had a leak at the turbo to dp before but it never hurt performance but left carbon on the oil filter and around there. just take a look and maybe you can see if you have an exhaust leak.

Assuming you mean black smoke i.e. too much fuel. Look for an air leak upstream of the O2 sensor. Renegade air coming into the exhaust system between the motor and the O2 would cause you to add fuel that you don't need.

Now the car won't rev past 2000 rpms in drive or neautral. Its very low on power and literally struggles to move its own weight, going up hill is impossible, it will stall.
Hmm... upon further inspection... and using a scanner.. I found that the car's CEL is on... its reading 02s are bad, the MAF is bad, and the coolant temp sensor is reading that the engine is hot when its cold... could the ecm be bad?

I also noticed that if I turned down the FP it ran a little better and wouldn't stall as quickly.

With all those codes, it could be the ecm, but it also sounds like the car is being choked. These could be the symtoms of a clogged cat.

This was all after replacing the crank sensor and cleaning/replacing all of the grounds, and a vac brake conversion.

check the coolant temp sensor. If it is sending the wrong info to the ECM, it will mess with the fuel tables, which in turn will make the car run rich. The o2 sensor sees this, tries to compensate, but it can't compensate enough, so it sets a code for the o2 sensor. This would not explain the MAF code though. check all your fuses, when I ran a 95 Z28, one fuse supplied power to the o2's and MAF, and if it blew, it would do similiar stuff.

Just some easy things to check....

Gonna check all of this later and will post back when I get some more info.

Hmm, if it matters... thinking back, I did have a boost problem, I was getting no boost at all before I did all of this. Checked the turbo, no shaft play, and the blades were good. Found a loose clamp on the cold side and tightened it, and now I hear the wastegate venting boost, but it doesnt build any on the boost gauge, it bogs instead.