SMC- free pressure switch replacement

SMC

As for the pressure switch......this is the most common problem people are having. We added this feature so that you will know you have line pressure when the "spray on" lite is on. The 1st factory that supplied me the nylon switches assured me they were up to the task- it took some time but these older switches are crapping out. The new pressure switches look like the old ones except they have a METAL body. Anyone with one of the older NYLON (plastic) bodied switches can call SMC for a free replacement to the new switch.

As for troubleshooting- if the spray on lite comes on when the 2 wires on the pressure switch are jumpered, the lite and wiring are OK. The switches are preset to close at approx 35 psi spray pressure. Where is your pump speed set at? It should be set at 6 minimum on a TR, higher is better! Did you verify pump pressure with the guage on the tank? If you have good pressure then it's likely the pressure switch is at fault. Have someone hit your test button while you check for any leaks at the switch.

This pressure switch issue will continue to crop up until we replace all of them. They will be replaced free of charge even if the warranty is expired. I'm very P.O'd at that switch supplier....but there is nothing I can do except to replace the buggers for you guys free. I'm also going to post this in a new thread- if the moderators want to make it "sticky" everyone on the forum will be able to see it and get their new switch.

Thanks-

Thanks Steve for putting this info out and being true to your customers.

Similar story, another company Autometer had a problem with their sending units on the electric fuel pressure guages(the half sweep) the newer $200.00 full sweep dont have this. They are under recall indefinetely becuase they can leak. So dont feel alone with these kind of issues..

Good luck with the new ones..alcohol is some nasty stuff.