Slow windows

RICER X

:hungover:Has anybody found power window motors that don't take forever to roll up. I had a 81 Grand Prix that was flawless. I have tried several different brands, (rebuilds) in my 87 GN, always with the same lame results.

Kirban....he's got a book dedicated to it.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Check the how to section. Great mod in there to get the windows to move faster. Worked great on mine!

Same here, do a search for bypassing the thermal circuit breakers, running a better ground to door, etc

I think I'm going to have to break down and buy them, if I remember right he wrote two of them. The guy that wrote them would sometimes go to GN events and work on them. But I believe you had to make an appt. I've tried a lot of the tricks that other people have told me and was able to rid my car of the wind noise but have never been able to get any more speed out of them. Thanks though.

Same here, do a search for bypassing the thermal circuit breakers, running a better ground to door, etc
I have a feeling there is a lot of grounding issues in this one, I had a heck of a time getting the engine noise out of my stereo. Where would the thermal circuit breaker be. I'm not sure what this is. Thanks

Its in the end of the motor...have to take it out of a regal door...pita, but worth the time...

Check the how to section. Great mod in there to get the windows to move faster. Worked great on mine!

Thanks garyk1970 just hooked me up with a bunch of good info from there.